Itasca/ changed my mind, now looking at a Tiffin/frt. mounted diesel ?

ken1849

Have been looking at a 2007 Itasca suncruiser with three slides. 35a. Workhorse chassis. Just curious if any of you have any experience with this model and what your thoughts are on it. Particularly the slides. Good or bad. Thanks

Make sure the brake recalls have been performed and the brake system properly bled per the manufacturers instructions.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Like Ken says, check to be sure that it has all recalls completed. That is important since the Workhorse chassis is no longer built and there were a series of them. The other thing that I would check out very carefully is the weights of this RV. Be sure that the coach weight and the GVWR leave you enough capacity to work with but if it does and things are in good condition you should do well with this RV.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Kirk, I just last week, read in the latest MH magazine that Workhorse plans to resume building MH chassis because of the recent upswing in MH sales.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I have decided to pass on the winnebego itasca. Now looking at a 2008 Tiffin Allegro 34t. 15000 miles one owner. It has a Fred chassis and front Diesel engine and a Allison 6 speed trans. Everything I have read on this set up has been good. Anyone here with any experience with this.

Tiffin is in my opinion the #1 company in reputation with their owners after long term use. We loved our Tiffin and would have bought one when we went fulltime, had they had more cargo capacity at that time. Today, that problem has been solved, it seems. On the FRED, we have two friends who own Tiffin coaches built on them and both are very pleased with the unit. Of course, it is important to keep in mind that condition is everything when shopping used so a good professional evaluation is probably a wise move.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Well we have made a purchase. Will pick it up next week. 2008 Tiffen Allegro Bay. Fred with three slides. 35tsb 14k miles one owner.

Now to sell our older rv. Excited to get it home. We aren't FT but are planning on some extended stays and trips. We have just bought and rebuilt smaller home in town and in process of selling our other home and 8 acres. Plan is to have something smaller and more mangable. Basically lock up and leave.

Welcome to the tiffin Family. :)

You should become acquainted with www.tiffinrvnetwork.com! :):)

You will learn the Good, the Bad and the Ugly about Tiffin coaches, mostly GOOD, I am on my third Tiffin.

Frank
Kay - Co-pilot

Roscoe and Maggie - Rescue Beagles

"I asked God to send us a True Friend. He sent us a Beagle!"
"It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

My buddy has a FRED and likes it. The only problem with his is the fuel filler cap is at the rear of the coach so he has to be quite particular in pulling into fuel islands as he has to pull almost past the pumps to reach the filler.

GS Lifetime #822128658, FMCA #F431170

2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Extended Class B

Archived