Hanging Pictures

chuckbear

There was a small clock that had been hung with velcro and the velcro was hanging loose. Without thinking, I pulled it off and some of the wood finish came off with it. Also, hanging pictures with some kind of hooks, what keeps them from swinging back and forth?

58dd65872f8a7_ReducedRVandCar.jpg.cf7b626fb3b5b05ebc20cb05195193a2.jpg

Chuck and Susan      1999 Fleetwood Bounder 34            Triton V10 on Ford Chassis

3M Command hangers. Heavy frames you use the velcro ones and take them down when moving. I have some that are not that heavy and they stay in place all the time going down the road.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Yep. Everything I hang is with some type of command product. Stays put and comes off just fine.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

I haven't had luck with the Command products. They let go when it's hot and you find your picture or clock on the floor. Now I use a pic hanger w/nail and at the bottom of the clock or pic use enough Velcro to keep them from swinging or justling off the hook/pic-hanger.

The key to the Command products is to apply force for the time recommended and then let them sit overnight with nothing on them. They don't slip of come off in my applications and during the very hot days I shut off the A/C in the garage where several of them are hanging. Not a one has come undone.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

You also need to clean the surface properly before installing Command Strips. I use alcohol wipes then let the surface dry before installing the strip. And every now I then I'd go push against whatever I had hanging to be sure the two strips didn't separate from one another. Otherwise, my clock would come down about once a year with its half of the strip still attached. I still think Command Strips work better than any other hanging system that you might want to remove some day since they leave NO evidence they were ever there.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I'm hanging an atomic clock and it has three screw holes so spacing and level are important. But it sure won't swing. I am using three sheetrock screws. The flip up TV shelf is going away and the TV is going up with a Visa mount. The mount gets screwed to the wall too. I am also considering those wall hook wires that leave no chewed up screw holes. http://www.amazon.com/Super-Hook-82-20060-Hercules-20-Pack/dp/B002I91JCE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1436830880&sr=8-2&keywords=drywall+hangers&pebp=1436830882039&perid=1MPATAD22DE987Z6CE50

We can let the clock go with the trailer and the TV Vesa wall mount for the TV can also go. I also do not trust the Command products. One fall and the clock is toast.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived