Sat Dish Coax On Roof

I'm still looking for anyone that can help me locate where the coax cable for a satellite dish can be found on the roof of my 1999 Fleetwood Bounder. On the roof, opposite the batwing antenna, there is a label that says Winegard, still on the roof. There is a cable in the TV cabinet that is labeled "From DSS", so I believe that a coax has been run. I can not get Fleetwood to answer the phone and they will not respond to email. Does anyone have any ideas or maybe even a source I can contact to find the information. Surely someone knows how to access the coax. I am installing my own KingDome dish. Chuck

58dd65872f8a7_ReducedRVandCar.jpg.cf7b626fb3b5b05ebc20cb05195193a2.jpg

Chuck and Susan      1999 Fleetwood Bounder 34            Triton V10 on Ford Chassis

On my Travel Supreme when I went looking for the solar wiring prep, I found the cable inside what looked like a vent cap. You take the cover off and cut through the foil underneath. It's a thought

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Thanks but nothing like that on the roof. Just a flat spot with a Wineguard label. But I don't want to just start pulling up parts of the roof. Chuck

Chuck and Susan      1999 Fleetwood Bounder 34            Triton V10 on Ford Chassis

Is it a rubber roof? If so, feel around for a hole in the plywood under the rubber.

Also, if you can borrow or but a signal tracer you can put a signal on the "From DSS" cable and move the tracer receiver around in the area of the label.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Mark and Dale, It is a rubber roof, but I can't feel any difference in the roof at the Winegard label or any place else. I have a tracer but no joy in getting a signal through the roof. It's very frustrating when the company that built the coach could answer my questions but refuse to respond to a customer. I will never buy a Fleetwood product again. I wish I had known about this poor customer service before we bought the RV. Live and learn I guess. Chuck

Usually they are very fast on reply's for info. Giving plumbing and electrical Schematics with PDF for your unit.

Did you use this web page to ask for help? And fill out all info?

Phone Numbers

Parts, Service & Technical Support
800-322-8216

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Usually they are very fast on reply's for info. Giving plumbing and electrical Schematics with PDF for your unit.

Did you use this web page to ask for help? And fill out all info?

Phone Numbers

Parts, Service & Technical Support

800-322-8216

Used that web page and called that number. Nothing. Chuck

• 2 weeks later...

I also am surprised at the poor response from Fleetwood...I have called twice about things I had no clue about and got answers quickly both times. You might try the Discovery Owners on line but you will have to join to participate in their forum. I have loved everything about the Fleetwood so far!!

Hey Chuck it just dawned on me that I have just about every schematic for my Discovery (thanks to the original owner)so I'm pretty sure I have the one that shows where the Sat cable went through the roof. I won't be back to the RV till late Tuesday but I will look and see what I have that shows that wiring. If I find anything I will let you know.

Hey Chuck it just dawned on me that I have just about every schematic for my Discovery (thanks to the original owner)so I'm pretty sure I have the one that shows where the Sat cable went through the roof. I won't be back to the RV till late Tuesday but I will look and see what I have that shows that wiring. If I find anything I will let you know.

That would be sooooo wonderful. I would really appreciate it. Chuck

• 2 weeks later...

So sorry it has taken so long but my computer died and I have been off line for a week!!! If you want to send me a PM with your e-mail address I will be glad to send you the wiring diagram that I was talking about. I traced mine back as far as I could and it seems to follow the diagram too.

Guest THE TRAILERKING

That's strange......

I just spoke to Fleetwood Tech. this A.M. and they sent me (5)five PDF's to do with wiring(even had the coax schematic), plumbing, etc. Just give them the last six digits of the serial #.

Easy to get a hold of and always the best of help that they can provide.

I finally went on their Facebook page and shamed them and I got a call. They did send me wiring schematics with a generalized location for the coax. But still not adequate enough to go up on the roof and open up a hole and feel comfortable there will be a cable there. On another issue, I was told the parts department would call me withing 24 hours. That was five days ago and so far, no call. I'm just not impressed. Chuck

So sorry it has taken so long but my computer died and I have been off line for a week!!! If you want to send me a PM with your e-mail address I will be glad to send you the wiring diagram that I was talking about. I traced mine back as far as I could and it seems to follow the diagram too.

Did you get my PM with an email address? Chuck

Archived