Financing purchases when retired and full timing

TxCowboy

Deleted. Apparently, this is not an issue and I was over thinking it. :)

Jeff & Laurie

South Texas

Hounds: Auggie (beer drinking English Cocker Spaniel)

Angus (five pounds of bad azz chihuahua)

Homebase: 2015 Heartland 365 Key West -- The "Uno Mas"

The Office: 2016 Crossroads Hill Country 26RB

Why use a mail service that doesn't provide you with a physical address, use one that does and avoid the issue.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Good point, Stan. I've done a bit more reading and, perhaps, I understand the situation better. Thanks.

OP deleted.

Jeff & Laurie

South Texas

I've done a bit more reading and, perhaps, I understand the situation better. Thanks.

I must say that you have aroused my curiosity with this............. I seem to have missed the original post since it was only up for about 6 hours. What sort of purchase were you thinking of, a new RV? or car/truck? It can be a bit more difficult to find financing when domiciled at a mail service but there are financial institutions who do this so it is just a matter of finding them.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Sorry, Kirk. The OP was about any difficulties others may have had, or that one could expect, when obtaining financing for large purchases after going out full timing and when using a mail forwarding service as your only address. I was thinking it would be something like a PO Box address.

Jeff & Laurie

South Texas

You will find that once you go fulltime there will be fewer financial institutions who will work with you, but there are several who realize just how large the market for financing in the fulltime world really is. What worries a lender if you don't have a physical address is the problem that they might have in the event that you were to default on the loan and then they need to locate the security to recover it. Pam used to be a loan officer (way back in history) and she has been through the experience of locating a vehicle even with the borrower living in a fixed location and so understands the problem. But the lenders in general do not grasp that an RV to a fulltimer is his home, just as a mortgaged house would be and the other part is that most fulltimers are better than average credit risks. The handful of lenders who do understand these facts also solicit the loan business of people such as ourselves. Others simply do not wish to take the trouble to do anything that is a bit outside of their norm.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived