Splitter on Sat Feed

I have the outside cable connection connected to my satellite receiver. When parked I hookup my Carryout antenna to the outside cable connection and all is good. When we stop at a park with cable, it would be more convenient if I could use the park system though. Would it work to just use a cable splitter and run one feed to the cable input on my distribution box, and one feed to the Satellite receiver ?

Dave W. KE5GOH

Stuck in the 70's ---

In E. Texas

Yes it is issue with the Carryout The 12 volts drives the aiming equipment. The LNBF power is 13-18 volts AC and doesn't pass through a splitter.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Home Depot has the diplexer with dc pass on one port.

Clay(WA5NMR), Lee(Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats)
Full timed for eleven years in our 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N Workhorse chassis. Snowbirds for 1 year. Now settled down in western CO.
Honda Accord toad.

Our MH had one original. To make it work for our portable sat and for park cable Ron put a diplexer out side in the bay where it enters the MH and one in the overhead

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

from my understanding you can't run two receivers on a cable splitter as from my understanding they send the signal down different ways wich requires a connection strait to the dome or dish to the LNB directly. maybe someone will chime in on this topic but that's what I was told years ago. I know that you can run as many boxes as you want off of a splitter by using the out to t'v' and some coax cable. but you would all be stuck watching the same show on all tv's

from my understanding you can't run two receivers on a cable splitter as from my understanding they send the signal down different ways wich requires a connection strait to the dome or dish to the LNB directly.

That is generally correct. However, when a Dish tech set up our dual lnb portable sat system in 2005, he ran a single coax from the dish to the catv input, then a "Dish Plus Separator" (looked like a splitter w/Dish label on it) inside behind the dual sat box. We could watch different channels on the two TVs. We used that system several years. I don't know if it was merely a power pass both sides diplexer, or something else.

Paul (KE5LXU), former fulltimer, now sometimer...

'03 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 40E

'05 Honda Odyssey

Escapees, FMCA, WIT, SMART

http://www.pjrider.com

Dish Pro Plus technology is the multiplexing of two signal stream down the same coax cable. In the Dish DPP satellite dish, there is the multiplexer putting two separate satellite signal feeds into one coax. The technology is based upon frequency shift of one of the signals.

The Dish Separator de-multiplexes the two satellite signals out the two outputs into the two inputs of the satellite receiver. Hence the receiver can decode two separate channels.

A splitter takes the coax signal in and puts it onto the two outputs, two identical signals, each with a little less power.

The little silver boxes look alike but there is seriously different electronics inside.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

I know that you can run as many boxes as you want off of a splitter by using the out to t'v' and some coax cable. but you would all be stuck watching the same show on all tv's

That is generally correct. However, when a Dish tech set up our dual lnb portable sat system in 2005, he ran a single coax from the dish to the catv input, then a "Dish Plus Separator" (looked like a splitter w/Dish label on it) inside behind the dual sat box. We could watch different channels on the two TVs. We used that system several years. I don't know if it was merely a power pass both sides diplexer, or something else.

In DISH world, diplexers and separators (or just triplexers) work with a Dish Pro Plus dish (like a 1000.2, 1000,4, or a Winegard Travler), but not with a Winegard Carryout . . . Diplexers, Triplexers, Separators and the Winegard G2

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Archived