Need EZ & Good Android app

Have S-5 that I use for mobile hotspot and need a ez and good android app to locate verizon cell phone towers. I'm not into the electronics thing so need a simple pointer app that points the nearest verizon tower.

Thanks In Advance

2008 F350 Lariat 4X4, PSD, DW, Crew Cab, 4:30, Long Bed, Tow Boss

B&W Turnover Ball Campanion Hitch 18K

Transfer Flow In Bed Auxiliary Fuel Tank 50 Gallon

2012 Cedar Creek 36RE

Why do you need to know where anybody's tower is? I've used my Vz phone as hotspot for years, and never knew or cared where a tower is...

Because some locations have a weak signal (3G 2 bars or <) and I've purchased a signal booster and that will help by strengthening the signal but it works better when pointed towards the tower. Would rather have 4G over 3G

2008 F350 Lariat 4X4, PSD, DW, Crew Cab, 4:30, Long Bed, Tow Boss

B&W Turnover Ball Campanion Hitch 18K

Transfer Flow In Bed Auxiliary Fuel Tank 50 Gallon

2012 Cedar Creek 36RE

There mostly seem to be websites and here is an overview of some the websites, http://cellphones.lovetoknow.com/Cell_Phone_Tower_Locations. There is no full and complete map of tower locations.

This app, Signal Finder, gets mostly good reviews - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.akvelon.signaltracker&hl=en. It is free to install, but requires $4.95 in app purchases. I have not tried it.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I personally always go directy to the FCC website for tower information, it gives GPS locations along with the towers antenna patterns.

dave

Dave, Renee & furkids Casey & Miss Kitty
1998 Volvo 610 Straight 10 "Leather n' Lace"; Herrin bed w/Rampage motorcycle lift; 2010 40' New Horizons Majestic; 2008 Harley FLSTC; 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited; 1999 Yamaha 4X4 Kodiak (that is NOT with us!)

I personally always go directy to the FCC website for tower information, it gives GPS locations along with the towers antenna patterns.

Dave, where on their website do you find this information? I couldn't find anything that stood out even after doing a search for "cell tower locations."

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Dave, where on their website do you find this information? I couldn't find anything that stood out even after doing a search for "cell tower locations."

As with any government website it is convoluted and confusing "freedom of information" :wub::huh:

As far as I have found the "easiest way" into the database is -

Go to - http://wireless.fcc.gov/uls/index.htm?job=home

Click on - Search "Licenses"

Click on "Advanced License search"

Select the "Match only the following radio service(s):" button

In the drop down menu select "CL-Cellular" + "CW - PCS Broadband" and any other license types you are interested in. (control-click)

Now at the top of the page select "Geosearch"

Select the State/County button

In the drop down menus select the state and county you are interested in.

At the bottom click "Search"

The above gives the call sign/lease ID's for that county, When you click on a call sign it will open a page with information on the license holder. One of the tabs on that page - "Locations" lists all the towers operating under that license with GPS Coordinates.

If you click on Location details it will give information including tower height, radiated power, and transmitting direction information.

Edit: Note - at times you have to dig pretty deep to find what carrier a tower is associated with, as the carriers will lease towers licensed from others so they don't have to build and license towers.

Frequency information given often helps also.

BTW don't worry about the statement at the top of the Uniform Licensing System stating you must register, that is only for actually applying for/maintaining a license.

Dave

Dave, Renee & furkids Casey & Miss Kitty
1998 Volvo 610 Straight 10 "Leather n' Lace"; Herrin bed w/Rampage motorcycle lift; 2010 40' New Horizons Majestic; 2008 Harley FLSTC; 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited; 1999 Yamaha 4X4 Kodiak (that is NOT with us!)

Archived