rv park near Tuba City or Cameron, AZ?

canyonier

Looking for a RV park just to spend the night in area of Tuba City or Cameron, AZ. I know there used to be a place directly across from the Cameron Trading Post. Every time you go past it seemed to change from real trashy looking to looking OK. How is it now?

What about Tuba City? Any RV parks there now?

Or do we need to go all the way to Bluff, UT to find a place with at least electric hookup?

Glenn

Haven't stayed at either, but RV Park Reviews lists RV parks in Cameron and Tuba City. Depending on your route, there are RV Parks in Page, Gouldings at Monument Valley, and Mexican Hat that are closer than Bluff. We stayed in Mexican Hat a few years ago, It was nothing special then and it sounds like the park may have gone downhill since.

Bluff is worth a stop in my opinion. We found several places in the area interesting:

Bluff Fort

South Fork of Mule Canyon and House on Fire

Sand Island Petroglyphs

The Valley of The Gods

UT-261 the Moki Dugway

Goosenecks State Park

Hovenweep National Monument

Natural Bridges National Monument.

A little farther North in Blanding are Edge of the Cedars State Park and the Dinosaur Museum

We've stayed at the Quality Inn & RV Park in Tuba City. It was several years ago, so I don't know what it's like now, but when we stayed there, it was fine for an overnight stop.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

We stayed at the Quality Inn & RV Park in Tuba City last summer. I think we stayed 2 nights. It was fine for that length of time. It's not a resort, but fine for overnight or a few days. We'd stay there again if traveling through the area. Plus, I think it was only $25.00 or so a night.

Gene, Gayle, & Oliver-(the dog)
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ
2012 Honda CRV toad
Blue Ox tow bar & base plate/Air Force One braking

I think we would stay before you get to any of those areas. You'll have a better experience.

Coming from Flagstaff there's a beautiful national forest campground just before the entrance to Sunset Crater Nat'l Monument. It's call Bonito. No hookups. No dump - but a cool, lovely place to stay.

Coming from the north there are plenty of places around Page.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Archived