Angry Guests

Raquel

I love to entertain and don't mind guests at all. However, I found this morning that we have guests who have become angry, and that's what bothers me so much. Yes, I could have woke them early, disturbing their night's sleep. They're usually an angry bunch anyway, so I probably stirred their basic instincts.

I got into the truck this morning and started it up, leaving the driver's door open for awhile. I quickly decided to close the door as yellow-jackets/meat bees/wasps started appearing. With the door and window closed, I watched as more of my "guests" showed up. Then I realized that not only did I have angry guests but that they had moved in ... into the driver's door mirror housing.

The way I figure it, we paid for the truck and so it belongs to us. So I need to get rid of our angry and uninvited guests.

Trish & Raquel

--------

"Road Runner" -- 2005 Volvo VNL780, 500hp Cummins ISX, Ultra-Shift, ET-Hitch, 198" wb

"Wile E." -- 2013 Heartland Landmark San Antonio

I have had great success with carb cleaner/electric contact cleaner/brake cleaner, followed by a little expanding foam. Even the bees that burrow under ground cannot escape from that tact. :ph34r: I usually apply that process just after dark, when all the bees are at home watching the weather channel.

However, those chemicals and the mirror housing may not play nicely together. :o

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Especially the foam!!

Upon further thought, I don't think you'd want to use much of the foam, as it would certainly hinder the motion of you electric mirrors.

Some sort of tape over the hole might work well.

Of course, this whole improper use of chemicals is mostly a guy thing, so I wouldn't really expect you to do something that's not on the label. :ph34r:

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

The bee keepers in our area use SEVIN to kill unwanted hives. They use a baster filled with sevin powder to spray in the entrance hole of the hive. Of course this is done a night time. We had a hive in the wall of our house and it took care of it.

good luck!

Bob&Kay
2012 VNL730 I Shift D13 2.47 ratio
2018 Mobile Suites 40 kssb4

My goodness, such a violent group. Nobody asked if they paid rent. Has a legal eviction process been initiated? There are procedures that must be followed, people. You can't just go around killing your tenants just because they are angry. It could be that the landlord has failed to properly maintain the residence causing the situation in the first place. I mean, come on. Wouldn't you be upset if your domicile suddenly started moving back and forth? With no notice whatsoever from the landlord? Even if they are squatters, and not legal residents, you can't just go around asking for advice on how to kill them. That is the kinda thing you need to do quietly...without letting other folks know. Then there are the bodies to hide, and all that mess that you see on CSI and Law and Order. Now somewhere or other, there may be a forum for this sort of thing, but on the Escapees?? Really?? Raquel, maybe you should check the back of Soldier of Fortune magazine or something. Oh geez, my stress level is up. I'm feeling rather faint-ish... I think I need a Dr. Pepper. :P:D:P

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

I agree with Big 5er, I think it may be time to get PITA involved. After all just because these "guests" are armed to the teeth(or tail end), doesn't mean you can draw your weapon first...

Jeff Beyer temporarily retired from Trailer Transit
2000 Freightliner Argosy Cabover
2008 Work and Play 34FK
Homebase NW Indiana, no longer full time

Raquel,

I'm thinking that if "building" is occurring as in nests then your truck is now involved in a commercial enterprise and you may now need a CDL, DOT number, and log. Phil?

P.S. Fine lot we are in the help department, lol.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Alright, on the practical sense, since there not honey bees then the can of wasp and hornet spray is the tool for the job. There is nothing in the spray that should damage any paint, but having a hose handy would be a good idea.

Wet down the door and surrounding area with water, and spray the can of killer, and hose the truck off again. Anything that gets on the truck is gone. If they're using the gap around the mirror to crawl thru, I'd spray the whole can and run....

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

My goodness, such a violent group. Nobody asked if they paid rent. Has a legal eviction process been initiated? There are procedures that must be followed, people. You can't just go around killing your tenants just because they are angry. It could be that the landlord has failed to properly maintain the residence causing the situation in the first place. I mean, come on. Wouldn't you be upset if your domicile suddenly started moving back and forth? With no notice whatsoever from the landlord? Even if they are squatters, and not legal residents, you can't just go around asking for advice on how to kill them. That is the kinda thing you need to do quietly...without letting other folks know. Then there are the bodies to hide, and all that mess that you see on CSI and Law and Order. Now somewhere or other, there may be a forum for this sort of thing, but on the Escapees?? Really?? Raquel, maybe you should check the back of Soldier of Fortune magazine or something. Oh geez, my stress level is up. I'm feeling rather faint-ish... I think I need a Dr. Pepper. :P:D:P

:lol: :lol: :lol: Sometimes you are just too much! Wait until we meet and we refill your Dr. Pepper bottles with Pepsi! Then who's going to be laughing?

Trish & Raquel

--------

"Road Runner" -- 2005 Volvo VNL780, 500hp Cummins ISX, Ultra-Shift, ET-Hitch, 198" wb

Raquel,

I'm thinking that if "building" is occurring as in nests then your truck is now involved in a commercial enterprise and you may now need a CDL, DOT number, and log. Phil?

P.S. Fine lot we are in the help department, lol.

Suite, did you and Phil discuss this before you responded?

Trish & Raquel

--------

Howdy Raquel,

As others have offered advise I might as well chime in, Napalm is the answer, guaranteed. If you positively want something DEAD, kill it with fire. Can't say this remedy won't cause blisters on the paint but it will KILL those critters with stingers in their butts. :lol:

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Suite, did you and Phil discuss this before you responded?

Nah, just been around him enough to know what he might be thinking. (Now that's a scary thought). Hope you get rid of the critters.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Spurned on by the help y'all offered, Trish soaked her head in about 5 gallons of Dr. Pepper for several hours before coming up with a wonderful idea.

We're in a park with other "parkers" nearby. Not only is there the possibility of getting myself stung while removing my angry guests. There's the possibility of other "parkers" being the recipient of their wrath.

The idea, very basically, is to put a bag over the mirror housing and make sure the bag is securely sealed ... kind of like Phil's type surrounding the home of a suspected wrongdoer. Then, once secured poke a little hole big enough to empty a can of wasp spray, then tape up the hole. Since the temp is supposed to be in the low 100s, not only will they succumb to the wasp spray, but they will also bake inside that mirror housing!

What think ye?

Trish & Raquel

--------

I would try spray a little of the wasp spray on the bag first to make no chemical in it will melt the bag. If not don't see why it would not work. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

2019 Thor Chateau 28E on a Ford E450 chassis. Maybe awhile but will get a new picture forgive one up there it is my old rig.

It's really quite obvious.. remove the mirror and let them have it. I mean jeez... can't we all just get alonggggg??

I'm not a fan of chemicals. Ya never know where your overspray might go. Wait until they've racked up for the night then tape one of these over the mirror, tape up the buttons to activate it, then bang on the back side of the mirror. :P :P

How about a long drive down the road. Maybe that will suck them all out of the mirror? Then you can hook up and leave before they can get back.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

I would try spray a little of the wasp spray on the bag first to make no chemical in it will melt the bag. If not don't see why it would not work. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Oooo, that sounds like a good idea, Bob. Probably not much worse than a whole bunch of angry wasps sneaking out of what I thought was a closed system.

Trish & Raquel

--------

How about a long drive down the road. Maybe that will suck them all out of the mirror? Then you can hook up and leave before they can get back.

Brad

I tried driving around the other day. They just seem to hunker down inside that housing. If I knew somewhere it was freezing, I might try to freeze then out. But, Northern California this time of year? It ain't gonna happen.

Trish & Raquel

--------

Wait until we meet and we refill your Dr. Pepper bottles with Pepsi!

You are aware that tampering with a fella's Dr. Pepper is a felony....or at least it should be. It's definitely right up there close to a killin' offense. B)

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

In Colorado we have a lot of paper wasps which look a lot like yellow jackets. They build nests everwhere. I have sprayed a lot of nests. These wasps really run from the wasp spray. Just a little on them and they drop like a rock. I have been stung a few times but never when spraying. One time they built a nest in the awning. It was cold when we left so we didn't know they were there but when we stopped that night it was warm. They really buzzed us until I bought the spray.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

Guys...whats with all this love and kindness? I thought we were "THE DARK SIDE" over here? :D

Of course, we could treat these fellas as converts...maybe they had been following the forum and wanted to move into a "real" truck? :lol:

Seriously, I think the bag idea sounds good.

No camper at present.

Way too many farm machines to maintain.

Can of starting fluid and a match. Great fun until you realize you just caught the old shed (or truck) on fire.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

Archived