Volvo repair shop in DC area.

JC and Angie

Hello all.

Well I got ripped off by the volvo/ Mack dealer in Virgina beach. TMI truck repair is to be avoided like. They added a union to a piece of 1/2 hose on top of the tranny ( solenoid shifter) to solve a leak know one else could even find. The main problem is that it was not the only problem in that line. The elbow fitting is leaking as well. Discovered this after leaving the area. After sticking me head up in the area I found there is a 18-24 inch piece of tubing with 3 unions. Instead of cutting about 3 feet of house out and replacing from the tranny to ???? There were other things, just know w that they are rip off artist. Even spoke to a guy at the camp ground who said there company hates them. To late for me.

Now I just need to have this repaired. I don't have 1/2 inch tubing nor doing want to challenge the driving gods with a drive way repair gone wrong. The fitting screws directly into the tranny

Dose anyone know a good shop in the DC area to help me out. There from r 3 weeks and would be very easy place to drop off.

Thanks so n advance to all.

JC

2009 Volvo 780. D-16 500hp 1850 torque with a Herrin hauler bed.

2015 Continental Coach

2008 650cc Suzuki Bergman

2013 Mustang GT 500 convertible

2014 Smartcar convertible

WWW.Hollyfab.com. (Metal Fabrication Company)

Jamesc@hollyfab.com (preferred contact method)

Sorry to hear about your troubles at TMI but I am not surprised. I live in Virginia Beach. Took my Volvo over there and asked for an oil and oil filter change specifically. A while later a tech came by the waiting room and said they were having trouble getting the fuel filters off. ??? So I head over to the service counter and asked how we got from oil change to fuel filter issues. They said "You asked for a full PM". I did no such thing and would not have asked for one because the term was foreign to me. Cost me $500 to get out the door. I do all that other PM myself. I just don't want to get rid of a lot of used oil. Yep, rip off artist. Learned my lesson the hard way, too.

Our local NAPA carries the tubing and push-in connectors. Come by and I will help you fix it.

Chet

Chet & Deb
'01 Volvo 660 w/ Smart
'19 Forest River Columbus 320RS 5th wheel
2022 Chev 2500HD Long Bed
Retired CWO4, USN and federal service
Electronics Tech/Network Engineer/Welder/Machinist

Call Cummins Power Systems in Glen Burnie, MD and ask for Carl Jones. He should be able to direct you appropriately.

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

Sorry to hear about your troubles at TMI but I am not surprised. I live in Virginia Beach. Took my Volvo over there and asked for an oil and oil filter change specifically. A while later a tech came by the waiting room and said they were having trouble getting the fuel filters off. ??? So I head over to the service counter and asked how we got from oil change to fuel filter issues. They said "You asked for a full PM". I did no such thing and would not have asked for one because the term was foreign to me. Cost me $500 to get out the door. I do all that other PM myself. I just don't want to get rid of a lot of used oil. Yep, rip off artist. Learned my lesson the hard way, too.

Our local NAPA carries the tubing and push-in connectors. Come by and I will help you fix it.

Chet

Chet

I appreciate the offer but I'm up at bethpage camp ground. Leaving Thursday for DC. I'm going to take another look at the fitting And find a local NAPA store. The only thing that has me worried is the actual fitting and if removing the exsisting tubing might destroy it and leave me stranded.

And thanks spindrift for the contact info.

JC

2009 Volvo 780. D-16 500hp 1850 torque with a Herrin hauler bed.

2015 Continental Coach

2008 650cc Suzuki Bergman

2013 Mustang GT 500 convertible

2014 Smartcar convertible

WWW.Hollyfab.com. (Metal Fabrication Company)

Jamesc@hollyfab.com (preferred contact method)

Archived