Tallahassee, Florida

lappir

Has anyone stayed in or near Tallahassee? I won't need the spot until the fall but am heading there for College Orientation next week and may want to check out a couple places in the car before making the trip with the rig. Checked the Campground guide but find nothing close with a pin, maybe someone has stayed but haven't had a chance to add it to the guide.

Thanks,

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Not an HDTer so hesitant to respond, but since you have gotten no responses and dropped off the new content list, I'll take a chance of intruding on your group. We stayed at the Tallahassee RV Park a couple of years ago. I seem to recall some big rigs in the front section. If you look at the park on the Google Map link, the site in the Northwest corner of the front section near the office and pool looks really long. Some of the writeups mention tight roads. We are 55' and were all the way in the back and I don't recall any problems. Since you are going to be in a car, it might be worth taking a look and talking to them. When we were there, the owner/manager was very friendly and helpful.

Found three this week. One that won't do at all and another that seems fairly nice with a good monthly rate. Noticed another one on the way out of town that might work too, but didn't stop. Tried to get home before dark tonight but didn't quite make it.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

Rod, we have stayed in Tallahassee a few times. We always stayed at "Big Oak Rv Part. They have a few very long pull throughs. We always called in advance and explained our length and were able to get in and around easily. We are 64' 38" long.

Jim

fbcover2.jpg

Fulltiming, Class of 2013

2001 Volvo VNL 610 with Smart Hauler Bed (FOOTLOOSE)

2012 Smart 4 Two (FANCY-FREE)

2004 Newmar Mountain Aire with Motorcycle Lift (LEADFOOT)

2013 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra (LIGHTFOOT)

"Submarines Forever"

Rod, we have stayed in Tallahassee a few times. We always stayed at "Big Oak Rv Part. They have a few very long pull throughs. We always called in advance and explained our length and were able to get in and around easily. We are 64' 38" long.

Jim

Thanks Jim,

That was one of the parks I looked at. The ladies at the desk were very helpful, but I didn't mention how big my entire rig is. Just told them my trailer is 42 ft. It looked pretty easy to maneuver, but it wasn't close to being full. They said during football season there isn't a free space at all, so I don't want to arrive on a Friday or Saturday at all during that time. On the way out of town I noticed another park on the west side of 90 I think. Am going to try and find it on Google Earth for a look see. Haven't decided for sure yet but might take a detour through Tallahassee on the way north in a couple weeks.

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

I believe you saw the Tallahassee RV Park. It can be clearly seen on Google Maps and Google Earth. It is on the North side of US-90/FL-10.

You are correct. I was able to find it yesterday with just a little searching. Thank you for the links.

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

Archived