Finally hooked it up

We will be getting rid of all the graphics because the prior owner didn't cover it. The side you see was the side in the shade, the end cap and the other side are horrible. I will try to keep a log on how we remove the peeling graphics here as well as the time line of it all.

Home is where you park your heart, or your tires for the night.

Looks like a nice rig. May I suggest a wheel eraser for removing your graphics. They are meant for removing pin stripes. Can pick them up at any auto store, I believe even walmart carries them. They fit on a drill so not a lot of elbow grease needed.

See you on the road!

We were looking at the 3M one which was $35 each, will take about 4. Then the guy at NAPA auto parts told us of another one, comes in a 3 pack for $38. if it works, will let you all know.

Another handy tool to get into tight spots is a plastic razor blade. I think I paid $7 for a box of 100 on Amazon. Hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like you're a candidate for some airbags. It'll keep the oncoming drivers from "telling" you have your high beams on.

Previously a 2017 Forest River, Berkshire 38A, "The Dragonship". https://dragonship.blog/

Actually, when you put the level on the truck, the truck is level. However we stepped back today to take a good look at it and discovered we will need to make an adjustment on the fifth wheel part on the trailer as it appears that our truck bed is higher than the last person. But yeah, thats how it goes with a 2014 3500.

Here is the progress on the stripping

Before:

11250988_1597315663851564_22870923908609

After the storm shut us down.

960254_1597315617184902_4168975582334831

Didn't make much progress on the stripping today, but did make much progress in "What to expect from your dealer" .

We took the rig down as asked by the dealer to fix our RV, they are 3 weeks backed up on repairs. We drove it home to continue with the graphic stripping. When we got home, we noticed that the truck brakes were hot, but not the trailer brakes. Upon close inspection, discovered that we have 4 non functional brakes (all of them on the trailer). Of course the dealer said "We checked everything and everything worked". I asked if we needed to pack the bearings "No, don't worry about that, we did it". Wrong again, when taking things apart to look at the brakes we found they were not touched and one had a broken seal. The trailer brake assembly on the front axel was not even near the tire, it was between the front and back tires. So much for the "We charged you $500 and everything works, if it didn't we fixed it.

The guages indicate that our black tank is 2/3 full....can't wait to check that ball of worms.

The guages indicate that our black tank is 2/3 full....can't wait to check that ball of worms.

Waste tank level indicators in used RVs rarely work and even in new ones they are not accurate for long. If you have used your RV at all, it is quite possible that the level indicator was working when the dealer had it but is not now because the tanks were dry before you began to use them. The type of cheapie level indicators used by the majority of RV manufactures just are not reliable for waste tanks because of the residue left behind when you dump.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I sort of figured the may be the case. Next issue is I did not have ANY working brakes. THREE of 4 were able to be adjusted. Looks like it had never been done. The 4th had the adjuster barrel and the lower spring tumbling loose At the bottom of the brake drum. The rear brake pad has odd separations running through the pad. Looks like a new brake plate assembly to be ordered. Do the auto adjust ones work out or just go with the manual adjust version. I did pull the other 3 drums. I have always done my own auto brakes and I see nothing that looks off about them. I am on my phone and I can not locate the attachment button to show pics.

When we got home, we noticed that the truck brakes were hot, but not the trailer brakes.

Not picking on you, but for the benefit of us all I am reiterating the need to check the trailer brakes before EVER hitting 5 mph. Especially on a trailer you don't know.

Previously a 2017 Forest River, Berkshire 38A, "The Dragonship". https://dragonship.blog/

Pick away, I feel really dumb not checking this 1st. It is a BIG liability issue and I am very surprised any dealer would not check to insure that a 30+ ft trailer did not have working brakes. Okay do not trust you "Stealer", Note Got it.

Wanted to do an update. Life sometimes gets in the way of having fun.

Trailer after three days of stripping the graphics.

Used so far:

1/2 box of gloves

1 3m Eraser wheel

1/2 gallon Acetone

Ordered:

4 new tires

4 new brake pad/drum assemblies

2 new trailer brakes (thanks to who ever suggested when you do something on one axel, do it to both sides)

Very little purchased for the inside because DH said, "Minimize dear". I can't wait to send him to do the laundery naked because he is only allowed the clothes on his back----haha joke

Noticed that the retraction mechanism on one slide needs to be repaired before it breaks, appointment scheduled with the dealer.

Need a new mattress but so far, haven't found one. Due to military service there are very few bones in my body that have not been broken or fractured, so I like a nice firm one, but also sleep hot, so want gel too.

1484752_1600372580212539_550979377040400

Archived