A thought for today...........

Kirk W

First I thought that was a very very wise thing for a six year-old to say.

But then I re-examined the content and concluded what most often looks like the years a person was alive were more likely years in office.

(Yet, then again, perhaps politicians only think they are alive If they are in office <grin>)

I know of instances where that may not be true. If you suspect child abuse but don't report it then regret not speaking up. If you see your neighbor having trouble walking towards his car but don't suggest he call a taxi instead and he causes an accident. If your friend decides to dive into a pond without checking the depth first and you don't try to talk him out of it and he becomes a paraplegic. It's not really hard to come up with examples of times when speaking up would be the better things to do. Fortunately, most of us are not faced with such situations on a regular basis but it is something you sort of have to decide in advance what you will do if a situation arises that calls for speaking up because the time you spend thinking about it might make it too late.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

And for us as full-timers: "When the mountains call, I must go."

"We wander for distraction, but we travel for fullfillment."

"Few are the places on Earth where you can peer straight into its soul"

"It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters."

"Travelling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of wondering how things may be, we get to see them as they really are."

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

TJ comes to mind a lot lately in my daily meditations.

"I never will, by any word or act, bow to the shrine of intolerance or admit a right of inquiry into the religious opinions of others."
Thomas Jefferson

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived