Looking for a guide to help narrow my RV search..

I like the forza. If it would tow 10k I would have one. I was thinking about getting one and part timing until I go full time. Not ready to get rid of my Chevy avalanche and can't tow the wife's car. Then, where would I store the thing? It hails all the time here, so I would worry about that. Guess we wait. Not sure it helps you but if I wanted to go full time I would dump my avvy...best truck ever but I would let her go. Maybe you could off-road a little less aggressively and find a toad that will work instead of a monster rock crawler?

We were on our way to a coach we were sure we were going to get.. when the owner called us and said he received a call from a guy in NJ.. and the guy offered him cash and nearly asking price. Supposedly the guy is sending him a deposit today... sight unseen.

So around we go again!

Just an FYI...

Our ideal coach is the 2011 Fleetwood Discovery 42A

Second to that is the 2007 Newmar Allstar 4154

Finally the 2007 Allstar 3950/3951

The Allstar has 8000 lbs of towing capacity (GCWR - GVWR) but only a 6k lb hitch. Assuming we could upgrade it to a 10k lb hitch and reserve 2k lbs of cargo for the trailer/jeep it would meet all our requirements.

Unfortunately, we can't find a single one in the country for sale of the AllStar. So if you see one let us know!

We found a 42A, but as mentioned above missed out.

We just came across another set of floor plans we have never seen before.. and we are miserably in love... not a single one for sale in the country and it's gorgeous...

2009 ATME Floor Plans 4156 & 4159

I messaged a guy that I found on the forums that bought one a little over a year ago.. and he said his family is still in love with it. Unfortunately, for us... :(

Just looking at floorpans I would pick the ATME 3950. You could put bunks in the washer/dryer area and have a permanent bed for each person. The two captains chairs in the living room gives you an appropriate place for the car seat and booster seat kids to ride. And that pullout table gives you a place to work in a chair that's probably more comfortable than a dinette. The extra sink for hand washing and teeth brushing is pure bonus. I love this one for your listed needs.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

sandsys,

You've been with us the whole ride so far.. and we found it!! We finally found it. It wasn't listed for sale but we spoke with the owners and they are willing to sell it to us. We are working out the details now. We are hoping that everything goes smoothly! This is a motorhome we came across while looking for the ATME 3950, and we feel it's even better!

Once we complete the deal I'll update this thread.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived