Some People Just Do NOT Think Ahead...(Generator Repair)

Still having trouble finding the problem with my Generator...Have tracked down most everything listed on the internet info....as in brushes, checked all volt specs in the wiring, etc., fuel, and so on..

Not giving up, but reason for post today is that apparently at some point this generator must have been added.

Talk about a cobbled up frame to hold it...geesh...NO thought to getting the back cover off to see wiring and brushes....or removing it to work on..

What a mess.....this stuff really burns me up.... I have built a lot of stuff over the years, and never never would have done a stupid job like this..

We wound up cutting off a rear bracket and back plate to get to the area we needed...

Then to top it all off, just after we started it began to sprinkle...then..yep you guessed it...all out rain..

My buddy stayed under the Motor Home and kept working while I put a large piece of hard plastic over my head and still got drenched... :(

Look at the cobbled up framing on this job..

Cheers,

Bob

411299043.jpg

411299042.jpg

411299041.jpg

411299044.jpg

1989 Safari Serengeti 34'
Towing a 1952 M38A1 Military Willys

Past HDT owner

Looks like it would have been easier to build a slide-out frame for the genset.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

It is a Honda EV6010....does a very good job, and is quiet. I have been very pleased with it.

I will take a pic of the muffler system later today and post it for you..

Cheers,

Bob

Past HDT owner

There were factory mufflers available when this unit was in production. Four different versions for different installs. I have a right side muffler, and, while it's not as quite as I would like, it's almost inaudible inside. There were also under mount mufflers. These weren't just the muffler, it was a complete frame system designed to mount directly to the genset.

It is a Honda EV6010....does a very good job, and is quiet. I have been very pleased with it.

I will take a pic of the muffler system later today and post it for you..

Cheers,

Bob

Here are a couple of pictures I took..

It is a gas generator.

The muffler says "QuietFlow" on it.

It works very well, barely can hear it from inside, even in the back bedroom, and very quiet on the outside too.

Cheers,

Bob

411313365.jpg

411313366.jpg

Past HDT owner

Archived