water filter issue

lartross

I replaced a filter that reduced my flow rate [kdf] with one that has similar characteristics

at a better flow rate. [cfbc-10] While installing the new cartridge, I noticed each 10"

has a little drip in the gap between the filter housing and the base. The first cartridge

is a sed1. Took 'em apart and put a little silicone grease on the gasket...no help. Tightened 'em TIGHT...no help.

Is there a something I'm not doing right?

2003 Coachman Chaparal 276 RLS

2000 F250, 7.3l auto ext. cab 4x4

I found plumbing tape on all the treads worked the best.

Whoever puts water filters in RVs has a sick sense of humor. Everyone we have ever owned had the water filter in an almost unreachable location that only a gorilla could access. Everyone of them dripped.

regards

I'll try the tape and o-rings...I installed these burgers and I kinda' needed to put them in a somewhat

inconvenient place because of the plumbing. Makes things interesting. On the orings, I'll try replacing

them but they're practically new. I'll try it anyway.

If the rings are new look for cuts or cracks in the rings or scratches in the sealing areas. If you don't see anything give both a good cleaning with a soft cloth to get out any grit that may be causing the leak. Lightly coat the sealing surfaces and O ring with food-grade silicone lube and reassemble them firmly but not overly tight. The O rings should provide a seal without excessive tightening and too much force can warp the sealing area causing a leak that wouldn't be there if not over tightened.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to close this one out, I removed my water filters and regulator, disassembled it. Re-doped all the joints

and put it back together and no leaks...

Archived