Verizon's 10gb Plan: $80/mo plus $15 per line

I don't know if this is new or not, but Verizon just had an ad on TV for a "new plan" offering 10gb of data, unlimited talk and text all for $80 per month plus $15 per line. I assume that tethering would be allowed.

WDR

1993 Foretravel U225 with Pacbrake and 5.9 Cummins with Banks

1999 Jeep Wrangler, 4" lift and 33" tires

Raspberry Pi Coach Computer

Ham Radio

That's the share everything plan they have had out. I'm going to sign up for that plan. The $15 line access fee is actually $40. But they credit you $25 a month when you sign up for a 2 year agreement and agree to buy a smart phone at a monthly rate of $25 or more. Yes you can now tether or use your new smart phone as a hot spot. They will try to up sell you by telling you that the phone will get to hot and it will damage the phone. So you should then buy a hot spot or a tablet with a phone modem built in. Trust me I have been looking at all of the combinations they offer.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

This is actually a promotional data plan they brought back, as well as the 15GB for $100/month.

Overage charges are at their standard $15/GB. And yes, it's on the More Everything plans, which includes tethering.

Our news article on this promo: Verizon Brings Back Promotional 10 GB and 15 GB Plan Discounts

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

This is actually a promotional data plan they brought back, as well as the 15GB for $100/month.

Overage charges are at their standard $15/GB. And yes, it's on the More Everything plans, which includes tethering.

Our news article on this promo: Verizon Brings Back Promotional 10 GB and 15 GB Plan Discounts

So you are saying that it does not stay this way for the two year contract? I'm under the understanding that this locks the price for the 2 year period.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

So you are saying that it does not stay this way for the two year contract? I'm under the understanding that this locks the price for the 2 year period.

The promotional plans stay in place until you touch them, then you go back to current pricing. You can add or remove lines, change phones, but don't change your data plan and it will stay locked as long as you want. We are using a 40GB plan from last October's "Double your data" promotion, so we know the drill.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

I've had to move up to 20 GB. If I could spell GB with $ signs, I would. It does not take too many Ytube videos to gobble up many GB's. Trying to limit my Verizon time to secure transactions mostly. I went from 11GB (one was promotional) to 20 GB for a $60/month increase. I do sometimes use Verizon for a fast work connection.

2019 Jayco 5th Wheel 28.5RSTS  2017 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.2L

What do they charge when you top 10GB? Easy to do once you start using your phone as a hot spot.

$15 per GB when you go over your plan purchase. I just changed to the 15GB for $100 plan myself.

Fulltiming since September 1, 2010

2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW Lariat Crew Cab

2012 Montana 3585SA

What do they charge when you top 10GB?

If you see you're getting close to your data limit prior to the end of your billing period, you can always go to your account online and up the data. Upping the data takes place right away; however, if you then lower it back down to your original data level, that change doesn't take place until the beginning of the next billing period...so you'll pay for the higher data limit for 2 months.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

If you see you're getting close to your data limit prior to the end of your billing period, you can always go to your account online and up the data. Upping the data takes place right away; however, if you then lower it back down to your original data level, that change doesn't take place until the beginning of the next billing period...so you'll pay for the higher data limit for 2 months.

You can't do this with the promotional plans or you lose them.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

I've had to move up to 20 GB. If I could spell GB with $ signs, I would. It does not take too many Ytube videos to gobble up many GB's. Trying to limit my Verizon time to secure transactions mostly. I went from 11GB (one was promotional) to 20 GB for a $60/month increase. I do sometimes use Verizon for a fast work connection.

When you run a YouTube video click on the gear icon and adjust the quality down, I find 240p works well for most videos and uses much less data. This has to be done for every video. You can also adjust the quality on phone or tablet apps, through the menu, which is three vertical dots on Android.

I recently started this plan with a wireless home phone, a samsung galaxy s5 and 10gb/mo [with a complimentary 10gb for

a year, freeee] for about $120/mo. I needed to deal with cust. serv a coupla' times and was amazed at how nice it was to

deal with them. Courteous and efficient. My land line+wired internet was about $100/mo, so, my expenses balance out, plus

I get faster internet[ was 12m down, now varies more, but usually highter, up to 17m down so far]. I had a verizon modem

card a few years ago and I don't remember c/s being so nice and efficient. But, at my age a few years is getting close

to myth....

2003 Coachman Chaparal 276 RLS

2000 F250, 7.3l auto ext. cab 4x4

Archived