Inverter/Batteries in compartment

Doesn't take much acid mist to ruin an inverter, any time you charge non-sealed batteries hard you are going to get some mist.

If you have room adding catalytic sealed caps to your non-sealed batteries can help but you will need to remove them and deal with the mist when equalizing as they can overheat from the large amounts of hydrogen and oxygen to be recombined.

Stan, thank you.. You are one of the first to bring up the acid mist/electronics mix, NOT A GOOD THING.

Happy Trails,

Florida Mike

EXPERTS AREN'T!! :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yo Stanley,

Hey I'm NOT admitting to anything lol Given that if some "dude' was going to perform a high voltage high amp equalization cycle on his battery bank and say if this dude had an Inverter (NOT the equalization charger source) just "somewhere" in the general "vicinity" might it help if he covered it tightly with aluminum foil during that time plus a time thereafter to maybe protect it from acidic fumes???????????????

I still think proper adequate venting of sufficient CFM is a necessity when it comes to battery storage compartments and do NOT like the idea of sparks over top a battery bank.

John T

4X$ff, I must apologize. I merely wanted to post a picture of how Winnebago arranged the battery compartment and inverter compartment in my MH. I wound-up hyjacking your thread I'm sorry.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

4X$ff, I must apologize. I merely wanted to post a picture of how Winnebago arranged the battery compartment and inverter compartment in my MH. I wound-up hyjacking your thread I'm sorry.

No problem at all. I enjoy reading and LEARNING. At least people are interested....lol.

Steve

2007 Pilgrim M378 SA4S-5

e9132d54-0b3a-4ebb-ae60-dd6b6d56e047_zps

What I would do is to foam the passageways between the compartments. I assume that the battery compartment is somehow ventilated.

You want to prevent air exchange from the lower to the upper compartment.

I inspected my battery compartment with a flashlight today. It has a 2" dia opening in top left corner of back wall, which I knew about, but it also has a 6" wide section of the right-side back wall missing-on purpose, for ventilation. The wiring hole through the divider is not sealed, but the wires(ea in a loom) are snug in the hole.

Odd that I didn't notice that when I had the batteries out for replacement a year ago. I'll blame it on old age.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• 10 months later...
Guest mayanktanwar

I have many times heard about battery explosion. When battery is explode than it harms inverters too, because inverter is connected with battery for charging. To escape this problem we must cover batteries using plastic cover and with any other material.

Archived