Sadly another incident at Walmart this time Salem Oregon

Velos

There's another Walmart that will be closed to RV overnight stays. It isn't logical but it's a standard reaction. After all, if there is a neighborhood shootout they don't make everyone in the neighborhood move...

This store was not one of those on the overnight parking prohibited list: http://www.walmartatlas.com/no-park-walmarts-in-oregon/

But it probably will be now...

WDR

1993 Foretravel U225 with Pacbrake and 5.9 Cummins with Banks

1999 Jeep Wrangler, 4" lift and 33" tires

Raspberry Pi Coach Computer

Ham Radio

It's logical in the sense of protection from idiots filing lawsuits if something does happen.

Dave & Tish
Beagle Bagles & Snoopy

RIP Snoopy we lost you 5-11-14 but you'll always travel with us
On the road somewhere.
AF retired, 70-90
A truck and a trailer

“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion” -unknown

HoD vay' wej qoH SoH je nep! ngebmo' vIt neH 'ach SoHbe' loD Hem, wa' ngebmo'. nuqneH...

It's logical in the sense of protection from idiots filing lawsuits if something does happen.

Nothing will stop idiots from filing lawsuits.

And making it illegal to spend the night will not stop the sorts of people who had the gunfight, either.

But it will stop you and me. :(

WDR

1993 Foretravel U225 with Pacbrake and 5.9 Cummins with Banks

1999 Jeep Wrangler, 4" lift and 33" tires

Raspberry Pi Coach Computer

Ham Radio

I don't think that is typical of folks who overnight at Wal-Mart or of Rv'ers.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

• 1 month later...

OMG...Does this mean that Salem Oregon is RV unfriendly? After all, Medford only tickets RV'ers that sleep in the Walmart parking lots. Salem is killing them.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Salem is killing them.

:lol: I'm pretty familiar with the area. That'll be a tough one if they decide to put up a ban. It's only a few hundred yards from a popular lake and pretty expansive state park. The place is usually pretty well filled up with picnic'rs, fishermen, family gatherings... but the park does not allow any overnight camping. It's common to see folks using Walmart overnight then driving back into the park again to spend another day.

Oh.. and a Lowe's (Home improvement center) that shares a parking lot with WM. It will be interesting to see what happens in the aftermath.

That's like catnip for RV'rs... :P

It seems like Salem is changing quite a bit though. Just last Sunday my 14 year old nephew and his father were shot during a drive-by. They are both doing fine now, but the poor kid was asleep in his room when one of the 8 rounds that passed into the house caught him.

It just seems like there are an inordinate number of shootings in that area (Salem) lately.

OMG...Does this mean that Salem Oregon is RV unfriendly? After all, Medford only tickets RV'ers that sleep in the Walmart parking lots. Salem is killing them.

Now THAT'S funny... :) :) :)

The richest are not those who have the most, but those who need the least.

Maybe Walmart will only ban any guns on their parking lots?

Not overnight parking.

Think they my be a bargain price for a slightly used RV for sale soon. :D

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Archived