walmart no cash back

trostberg

We were always popping into WalMart for some reason so it was very easy to get about $60 cash back at the same time. We have no reason to stop at a bank or ATM. We never use them. We didn't use much cash so this lasted a long time. The Discover card used to do this did not charge interest on it. We always paid the bill in full each month.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

And there was no charge for a cash advance? That seems like an unusually good service.

I have not done it in a while but when I did there was no charge for cash advance as long as you paid your bill completely. And if you think about it, it makes the business less likely to get robbed as they have less cash on hand. So everyone wins.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

The world of banking and commerce is constantly changing. It would be nice to get one card and like the commercial "set it and forget it" but staying in a comfort zone too long with anything has its downfalls. It is always good to compare financial services at least once a year just like an annual health check up.

Here are several websites that offer card comparison tools: https://www.google.com/search?q=credit+card+comparisons&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Here is one checking account that advertises "pay no ATM fees anywhere"

http://content.schwab.com/m/q310/schwab_bank_high_yield_investor_checking/ELC44427C-02.html

I seldom use Debit Card, just enough so it doesn't get cancelled for non use,and have gotten my cash by using Discover Card at Fry's (Kroger) and Safeway and Sam's. I did get a Sam's MasterCard and use it there and Walmart to get cash back.

tjones1935

If you can't fix it with a hammer you have an electrical problem.

My debit card with USAA is a MasterCard and is both a credit card and debit card. Never had an issue with cash back at any store that offers cash back. We rarely use an ATM but USAA reimburses our account for the first 15 dollars of ATM fees. We rarely use it. When I need more cash to buy a car or whatever I call them and they will authorize a very temporary increase of the daily ATM limit of six hundred dollars per day, so I don't have to make multiple withdrawals on multiple days. We have two MasterCards one a cash card and the other our "use for new vendors only card" so if there is any problem we know immediately who the last one given our information was. We never carry balances past the thirty days. Our problem is when we are given large amounts of cash. We give it to our in laws in return for a check and then scan the check to USAA online and the funds are available immediately. We could do the same with our new account at Barksdale Federal credit union, but they charge fees for checking accounts and we are well served by USAA.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

We also discovered that Sams Club is no longer accepting Visa Credit Card just the other day....could be a new trend. Sure hope not!

Dave

Dave & Linda

2011 Bighorn 3670

2000 Ford 7.3 PS diesel white and tan in color Now Fulltiming since May15, 2010

Semper Fi Marines!!

We also discovered that Sams Club is no longer accepting Visa Credit Card just the other day....could be a new trend. Sure hope not!

Dave

Interesting. At one time they ONLY took AMX. Then they stopped using them all together. We just opened a membership with them, as they have the most clubs across the US. We also opened up there MC as it gives us 5% back on fuel. I would also think that if they take MC and Discover that they would take Visa. Seems very strange to me.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Just what I have been thinking through this entire thread......... We use very little cash, but that could get expensive needlessly.

You could get cash back at Walmart with the Discovery Card in the past with no "Cash Advance" charge.

I have in the past when needing a lot of cash, used it at the Walmart RX when picking up refills and getting $100 cash.

Then getting some grocery's and getting another $100 cash at check out there.

Discover never billed me once for a "Cash Advance" charge.

Mostly I use BA Debit card for cash back.

The OP sounds like using the Discover card at Walmart for cash as in the past will no longer be possible.

I also used the Discover card to add cash to the Walmart gift card to get 3¢ off at Murphy's. And 1% back from Discover.

But I stopped doing that when my BA Visa card started giving a 3% discount on gas.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

My wife accidently used the Discover card for cash back (rather than the debit card) and I also thought there would be a charge for a cash advance. When the bill was available there was no charge as long as it was paid in full. Greg

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

Archived