Organization 101

phoenix2013

Only somewhat related to HDTs, but might ignite an "organizational spark" in this crowd.

Everything moved from New Hampshire arrived on fully assembled storage racks, placed on custom made pallets for easy moving (fully loaded) with a pallet jack also moved from New Hampshire.

DSC_0160.JPG

Designed and had welded a custom frame, anyone can guess what is going to happen here?

DSC_0161.JPG

Assembly line?

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

It would be the bees knees to see those storge racks fit neatly on top of the welded frame base.

Bingo!

But, major re-organization also creates first major mess.

DSC_0162.JPG

DSC_0163.JPG

DSC_0164.JPG

DSC_0165.JPG

DSC_0166.JPG

DSC_0167.JPG

The whole project was a result of maintaining "marital bliss" and compromises, as follows:

1. The racks and shelves for the most part contain Old Goat's "needs".

2. The pressure washer was a "mutual" acquisition to deal with Florida's tendency to cover everything in moss and algae.

3. The 17.5K generator was DW's purchase to deal with "possible hurricane" scenarios. We did have a house generator in New Hampshire and it did run on several occasions from days to couple of weeks (once).

4. The metal band saw satisfied Old Goat's "powerful" need to have one.

All of these things just kept "landing" in the garage and "strangling" the available space, but no more.

DSC_0168.JPG

This is only first phase of the 4 phase project:

Phase 2, deal with all the crap still in the back of the garage

Phase 3, redo and reorganize the right side of the garage

Phase 4, create "real storage space" in the attic over the garage.

Will keep you posted.

Incidentally, projects like these are "good for the soul", it's like confessing your sins before the Almighty. You realize how much tendency one has to accumulate the crap one does not need, which then can be either given away, sold, or thrown in the trash.

:)

So you're going to unload all those racks again :wacko: in order to paint / protect all that new steel :o , or just let it be covered in moss? ;)

Rocky, best way to 'prevent' deterioration of the new steel is to turn it into ETs and ship it. :) Florida humidity is not too kind on new steel (day or two at the most), after sandblasting.

Interesting note on choice / need for generator at the opposing poles of the country.

In north country propane driven house only needed 8KW generator (propane driven). Primary scenarios, Heavy rain and heavy winds, or freezing rains knock power off generator kicks in to run fridge, water pump, furnace and TV to commiserate with the rest of the region. In the winter storm very important, house will get cold, very cold quickly, water pipes start bursting (unless you drain them). Once the cold get onto the walls forget it, tried once to keep the "house going" with two wood stove roaring 24/7, forget it kept it in low 40's and the cellar was getting close pipe freezing. Rigged up small portable to get the furnace going, not water, well pumps was high amperage 220VAC. Yes, that's known as "winter Paradise" in the north east.

Now in the "southern Paradise" needs are different, haven't experienced extended power loss yet, nor have seen a hurricane. Experienced "hurricane riders" offered advice that nothing less than 15 KW will do. Why, one might ask, the appliance load is not that big, heat is not a problem, after all hurricane season is in the summer. "Ah", they say, "your are not so young, but still an inexperienced padawan, heat is precisely the problem". "After, couple of days you will be praying to the gods of Carrier, Rheem, or Trane and any longer than that your house will smell like locker room wardrobe and after a week, like a Katrina disabled refrigerator". "Welcome to Paradise"

The unmentioned part of living in south paradise is when it gets unreasonably cold and the reverse heat pumps can't keep up with the demand for heat and everyone's auxilary electric resistance heaters come on and overload the grid. The power companies typically schedule their major prolonged downtime maintenance for the low usage time of year-wintertime.

• 3 months later...

Just got back from the frozen North (annual mid summer "excursion"), mid seventies in the day, low fifties at night, local lake unswimmable in my opinion.

Back to nineties during the day an 90 degree pool, life is good. Resumed the "Organization 101" in the garage in the opposite corner.

DSC_0203.JPG

DSC_0205.JPG

Formulating plans for that big hunk of the empty wall above the bench.

Where's the snow blower????????Global warming will turn paradise into goose bump weather. Snowed in the Calgary area yesterday. Get the woolys out Phoenix. The Old Goat would be prepared.....

Pipeman, I am well acquainted with that northern tool "implement",

016.jpg

on account of being a "proud (?)" owner, for 42 years (I might add) of this piece of real estate.

Get%252520me%252520out%252520of%252520he

2044128580096176628tUmAKr_fs.jpg

Also, at one time I possessed fine manual skills to deal with those situations.

Everything%252520is%252520relative.JPG

Dig those fine Carhartts I am sporting? I believe the Carhartts were deposited in a clothing bin in New Hampshire to continue their "usefulness".

I am no longer up to those challenges and prefer this "alternative" year round.

DSC_0157.JPG

But when that season brought by Al Gore's global warming is upon you guys again,

Buffalo-Lake-Effect-Snow-Storm-Pics-4.jp

I'm sure I will dispensing, "suggestions and opinions".

Al Gore's news hasn't been all bad, at least he invented the Internet. Do you think that the Internet could be partially to blame for Global Warming??? Hmmmmmmm, interesting concept....lol

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

Henry, my wife wants to hire you and a crew of about 40 to clean up the mess in my garages. There is no telling what you might find there. I am impressed with your efficient use of space. You might inspire me try and organize some of my stuff..........nah, maybe not. I'm still impressed, though. Charlie

Don't ever tell a soldier that he doesn't understand the cost of war.

Al Gore's news hasn't been all bad, at least he invented the Internet. Do you think that the Internet could be partially to blame for Global Warming??? Hmmmmmmm, interesting concept....lol

Al took credit for the internet... didn't invent it

Henry, Whats all that white stuff called? I don't think I ever experienced it. :D:D

And I sure as hell wouldn't have taken 43 years of it :lol:

Correction 42 years of it....

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

it's seafoam from the rising sea levels. It will get worse before it gets better. Ice ages take ages to cure.

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

I left some sea ice floating in a bowl of sea. I marked the level. I waited for the ice to melt. I looked at the level... :o . I requested more money to study it further...

I'm looking forward to winterizing the rv mobile each year by the snowblower method.

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

Henry, Whats all that white stuff called? I don't think I ever experienced it. :D:D

As an amateur psychologist I would venture to offer two diagnosis: One, "arrested development", the other "fondness for masochism".

Al took credit for the internet... didn't invent it

Correction 42 years of it....

Well Jim, if you think "create" is different than "invent" you may be right.... Pretty much means the same to me.

UNLESS you were actually saying that he was full of BS, in which case we both agree.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.....

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

Archived