WalMart, Livingston, TX

AlCherry

From the Polk County Enterprise:

Walmart: Rumor Has It...
Rumors are swirling fast and furious all over Polk County about our Livingston Walmart Super Center. Some of what we've heard is that they're supposed to close down tonight. We're hearing everything from "It's to kill birds that got in the store" to "Routine maintenance" to "Closed for remodeling until December". Well, we've heard from a credible source that Walmart is supposed to close down tonight at 7 pm and it will be closed indefinitely (meaning, they don't know when they'll reopen). As to why, that has not been released to us. It does seem a little odd seeing how they look like they're about to open an newly installed gas / service station in the parking lot.

When we learn more, we'll post it right here. - Editor

2008 Ford F350 PowerStroke DRW
2006 Raptor 3813
2007 Harley Davidson ElectraGlide Classic

2010 Harley Davidson Tri-Glide Ultra Classic
Street/Strip Harley Sportster Racebike
SFC (ret) US Army

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The following is the text of the initial statement issued by Anne Hatfield, director of communications for the Walmart Public Affairs office.

“As part of an effort to ensure all of our stores are fully serving the needs of our customers we regularly assess the conditions of our stores. Due to ongoing plumbing issues that will require extensive repairs we are temporarily closing the Livingston store. We will immediately begin the process to address these issues and intend to reopen the store as soon as all of the plumbing issues are resolved. Deciding to close a store is not a decision we make lightly, but after careful consideration, we felt it was necessary to make these repairs so we can better serve our customers and the community in the long run.”

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I was going to retire at the end of the year and I aspired to be a greeter. Don't know what I'll do now! :D Guess I'll have to be content with going racing and RVing!

2008 Ford F350 PowerStroke DRW
2006 Raptor 3813
2007 Harley Davidson ElectraGlide Classic

2010 Harley Davidson Tri-Glide Ultra Classic
Street/Strip Harley Sportster Racebike
SFC (ret) US Army

Howdy!

My dayghter just sent me this link on FB. States Walmart is closing Monday. Sure wish they would enlargeit while they are working on it.

http://m.ktre.com/ktre/db_346247/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=CSQGbVrR

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

I was gonna apply for the Campground Host position !

The temporary closing will have a major impact in the area, sales tax, employment, minimal alternatives available....

What is the REAL story? Google .... "walmart closing plumbing issues"

Dave W. KE5GOH

Stuck in the 70's ---

In E. Texas

As busy as that location is I would bet it will be repaired and back open fairly quickly. That is one of the newer large ones. I spend a fair amount of time near Millington, TN in the winter and this one is pretty small and extremely busy. The aisles have gotten closer together and more difficult to navigate when busy. That being said a fairly new one in Santa Fe has narrower aisles that make it a pain to navigate.

Maybe the same contractor put the plumbing in all of those stores. May have been the lowest bid. :)

Or maybe Wal-Mart cut the corners a little too sharp.

Newt

2012 HitchHiker Discover America 345 LKSB

2009 Dodge/Cummins

LIVINGSTON TX

Maybe the plumbers followed the plans and the plans had a flaw. I remember the situation where a floor drain was required by building code so one was put in but then there was a conflicting health code that would not allow one in that area. After the building code inspector had passed the building they turned around and filled the drain with concrete to seal it so it would then pass the health code inspection. Turned out to be the cheapest, quickest solution.

On a positive note, that should ease the congestion and accidents on 190 West for a while!!! Incredibe how much that area has grown...when I was growing up there 190 was a two lane highway to Huntsville (before Lake Livingston)...now when we go back and visit that area is a "avoid at all costs" area!!!

I thought of the traffic change but it will just shift to other nearby stores until it is done. I think it is because there are too many yankees moving to the area. :lol: Just kidding its really the aliens from California. Who else can I aggitate this morning?

Pity the Cleveland Walmart... Yikes!

Dave & Tish
Beagle Bagles & Snoopy

RIP Snoopy we lost you 5-11-14 but you'll always travel with us
On the road somewhere.
AF retired, 70-90
A truck and a trailer

“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion” -unknown

HoD vay' wej qoH SoH je nep! ngebmo' vIt neH 'ach SoHbe' loD Hem, wa' ngebmo'. nuqneH...

Having worked with and bid some Walmart work, I do not hold their engineers in high regard. They get a wild hair and off they go with a design and if you want to bid the work, you bid to their spec and NOTHING else. You cannot reason with them. I would NO BID the work and let someone else have the headaches.

I would think that Walmart caused the problem and now they get to correct the mistakes.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

As far as I know, I still have to go to the county line to buy beer. plumbing issues or not.

You can by beer and wine in Livingston, Polk County you can not purchase hard spirit liquor. For that you have to dirve across the Trinity river.

"Happy Trails"

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

Another old fashioned Southern town that makes their drunks drive further drunk, endangering everyone. I think prohibition was already tried and failed. Part of our family is from a place like that and everyone drove the 15 miles or so to Eudora Arkansas and drove home drunk. I would bring some beer with me for weekends with the grandparents there. I'd get some looks from the wives of the guys I'd see drunk over there. I would have liked to tell them that my drinking in no way caused his problem.

I think Wichita Falls TX was the strangest. They were dry except for private clubs. We could go out to eat anywhere and the first time we tried to order drinks we were amazed and asked why those other folks had beer? She said "They are private club members." I asked how that could be. The waitress told us for five bucks we could buy a membership and order beer.

85e9169265ddde3fd0c0d84740a32dd3.gif

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Where's Paul Harvey when you need him? I'd like to hear "the rest of the story" about these closures.

Here's an interesting take on the closures (which affects more than just the one in Livingston):

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-04-15/why-walmart-mysteriously-shuttering-stores-nationwide-plumbing-issues

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Here's an interesting take on the closures (which affects more than just the one in Livingston):

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-04-15/why-walmart-mysteriously-shuttering-stores-nationwide-plumbing-issues

Yes, I've read three different reports along those same lines, but they are all speculation. With Paul Harvey, we got the straight scoop. :)

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

Archived