Junk mail/telemarketers upon registering Vehicles

ms60ocb

I recently registered my vehicles in Polk county TX and since have receiving many Post Cards to "Call Immediately" as the Warranty on my car is about to expire or from Telemarketers about my truck's warranty.

Have other newcomers to Texas been receiving the same mail and phone calls? Are these Vehicle numbers available to anyone or is Texas/Polk county selling information?

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

Vehicle registrations are just one more public record. There are organizations that visit courthouses and note all new document s of registration for vehicles, property, or any other public record and they then sell that information to their subscribers. It will happen anywhere.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

It will happen anywhere.

True...it's not just in Texas. We live in Washington State and get calls every once in awhile about the warranty on our car. Even got a call about the warranty on our truck which we haven't had since December 2013!

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

• 4 weeks later...

True...it's not just in Texas. We live in Washington State and get calls every once in awhile about the warranty on our car. Even got a call about the warranty on our truck which we haven't had since December 2013!

Got that beat we get letters from a certain dealer stating they will give me $5000.00 over book value for my 2004 F250, that I traded off 2006.

I also got calls from a membership RV park in TX after signing up for Escapees mail. I use Escapees Home in So Dakota as my address so my vehicles are not registered in TX but they still got my phone number.

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

• 3 weeks later...

With that recent call, I was worried that our factory warranty on our 12 old toad was about to expire. But then again been getting those calls for years.

Teacher's Pet

'06 40' Phaeton QSH 350 Cat.

'04 R-Vision B+ Model 213, 6.0 Chevrolet.

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com

http://map.datastormusers.com/user3.cfm?user=3912

Archived