Sign in to follow this  
ms60ocb

Junk mail/telemarketers upon registering Vehicles

I recently registered my vehicles in Polk county TX and since have receiving many Post Cards to "Call Immediately" as the Warranty on my car is about to expire or from Telemarketers about my truck's warranty.

Have other newcomers to Texas been receiving the same mail and phone calls? Are these Vehicle numbers available to anyone or is Texas/Polk county selling information?

Vehicle registrations are just one more public record. There are organizations that visit courthouses and note all new document s of registration for vehicles, property, or any other public record and they then sell that information to their subscribers. It will happen anywhere.

It will happen anywhere.

True...it's not just in Texas. We live in Washington State and get calls every once in awhile about the warranty on our car. Even got a call about the warranty on our truck which we haven't had since December 2013!

True...it's not just in Texas. We live in Washington State and get calls every once in awhile about the warranty on our car. Even got a call about the warranty on our truck which we haven't had since December 2013!

Got that beat we get letters from a certain dealer stating they will give me $5000.00 over book value for my 2004 F250, that I traded off 2006.

I also got calls from a membership RV park in TX after signing up for Escapees mail. I use Escapees Home in So Dakota as my address so my vehicles are not registered in TX but they still got my phone number.

I use Escapees Home in So Dakota as my address so my vehicles are not registered in TX but they still got my phone number.

I'd be willing to bet that it was not from Escapees that they got it. :D