Wax

aunut

Anyone have a suggestion on a wax for my painted coach? I looked at Wade Maid. It may be great, but I'm not going to pay nearly $60 (with shipping) for a bottle. I used Gel-Gloss on my fiberglass coach, but looking for something a little better. I'm asking because they all claim to be easy and the best. I don't have a buffer, so it will all be elbow grease.

2014 Winnebago Vista 35B Class A. 2010 Honda CR-V.

I use Insulator Wax from Auto Zone. Goes on easy and comes off easy, so my detailer tells me. It is around $18.00 for a bottle, but that will do our 40' coach 2 times. This wax makes the surface real slick and seems like the dirt does not stick to the paint as bad as other waxes I have used.

Ron
US Army retired
2010 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH
2016 Ford F150 XLT

I like a paste wax.

Can't beat Meguiar's G7014J Gold Class Carnauba Plus Paste Wax - 11 oz.

Amazon has it, 11 bucks. And has good reviews.

Steve

LIFETIME MEMBER
2011 Born Free Class C
OR/ CA border

NEWBIE, so I have everything to learn !

I like a paste wax.

Can't beat Meguiar's G7014J Gold Class Carnauba Plus Paste Wax - 11 oz.

Amazon has it, 11 bucks. And has good reviews.

I use something like that on my cars, but a paste wax on a 37' seems pretty time consuming. Another thing, all the waxes, especially paste, say to use on a cool surface. I guess I'll have to do it at night or at dawn. It's hard to get my RV in the shade

Paste goes on pretty quickly with a medium cost buffer, much easier to get back off too. Electric 10 inch ones start at around $40, a cheap price to save my arms.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

I really prefer the services of an RV detailing crew. That is not at all labor intensive and the only needed tools are a pen and checkbook or credit card. :P It does seem to have a negative impact on the bank balance however~~

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I'm with Kirk. I'm not known for spending more money than I have to. But once a year I had the detail guys come around and go over our 40ft dp. Cost $130.00. Took less than an hour. Done the tires to the roof. They strip the roof. Clean it. Then seal it.

The hour it takes them is a fraction of the time I would take. The guys that did our rig also do the NASCAR haulers and motorhomes so they have some fussy customers.

After they are done we got many many compliments on our rigs appearance. When we sold it we got that $130.00 a year back many times over so I consider it a good investment.

regards

I'm with Kirk. I'm not known for spending more money than I have to. But once a year I had the detail guys come around and go over our 40ft dp. Cost $130.00. Took less than an hour. Done the tires to the roof. They strip the roof. Clean it. Then seal it.

The hour it takes them is a fraction of the time I would take. The guys that did our rig also do the NASCAR haulers and motorhomes so they have some fussy customers.

After they are done we got many many compliments on our rigs appearance. When we sold it we got that $130.00 a year back many times over so I consider it a good investment.

regards

$130 for a clean and wax job? If I could get it for that, it would be a no brainer. They want about $10/foot around here.

Paid about $100.00 last year in Mexico. I furnished the wax. They did a good job. A benefit of the Escapees tour last year.

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

Here is a link to the RV section of an online auto detailing supplies company. http://www.topoftheline.com/rvs.html They have lots of interesting goodies for detailing. We like to use polymer sealant (synthetic wax) as it lasts longer, but doesn't provide quite as much high gloss finish.

Archived