Where are the Escapees Park Rules listed on the new Escapees website

DuffMan

Looking for the various rules applicable to the different Escapees parks. Could not find on the new Escapees website.

Take a biggie - What are the rules concerning running your generator while over-nighting in the Dry Camping area? How about running your generator while in a full hookup site? (Say there is a pedestal problem or a problem with the exterior connection on your rig? or you just want to exercise your generator for a few hours.)

I'm not looking for opinions - I would like to see the written rules applicable in each park. I wonder why they are not posted on the various parks sub-pages on the Escapees website?

I don't know that the rules for each park has ever been on the Escapees website...and each park does have their own rules. For example, regarding running of generators while dry camping, the Rainbow Park in Congress, AZ doesn't allow it at all while the Co-op Park in Sutherlin, OR allows it for a couple of hours morning, noon, and night (don't remember the exact hours).

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Really? They dont allow generators? Do they expect everyone to have solar?.....seems like a harsh rule.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

I think they are more interested in other folks at the park not being disturbed by generator noise and stink than anything else.

If you need more power than the rules allow you to make in boondocking then you can get a spot with electric so you don't bother others.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

I think they are more interested in other folks at the park not being disturbed by generator noise and stink than anything else.

Right. The boondocking area at the SKP park in Congress, AZ, is very close to the lots on which people have houses and RVs. I'm not sure why they don't use the large area on the north side at the entrance, but there must be some reason why this area isn't used.

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

Really? They dont allow generators? Do they expect everyone to have solar?.....seems like a harsh rule.

Other than Escapee parks, how many can you name that even have a cheap place to stay without any hookups? Off hand I can only remember having seen such offered in one RV park(not Escapee) in our years on the road. At Escapade we had both generator and no-generator areas because the solar folks didn't want generators allowed near them and asked for such an area. When you deal with large groups you have to do whatever will please the most customers while inconveniencing the fewest possible. I doubt that one could ever please everyone, even on a public forum! :huh:

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Right. The boondocking area at the SKP park in Congress, AZ, is very close to the lots on which people have houses and RVs. I'm not sure why they don't use the large area on the north side at the entrance, but there must be some reason why this area isn't used.

Several years ago, the county nixed the use of this "green space" for dry camping. Prior to that it was verry popular.

Bill j. with one very understanding wife, 2004 34ft. Meridian Itasca DP, 2013 honda CRV, one comanding CAT!!
SKP # 63321

Several years ago, the county nixed the use of this "green space" for dry camping. Prior to that it was verry popular.

Thanks for that explanation, Bill. I know in the past we've seen rigs boondocking in that area and then they moved the boondocking area near houses. Never made any sense to me, but I never inquired why it was done.

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

Archived