Restrictions on older RVs in State Parks

LHS61

I am selling my house in WA and going full time about the end of May. Will buy MH then but I heard something about state parks in Oregon not allowing RVs that are more than 10 years old. I was considering something around 12 years old but now I'm not so sure. How can they enforce a rule like this if you have a sharp rig thats more than 10 years old...

Anyone heard of this rule?

There are some places that enforce that rule. The key I am told is to keep the RV looking good.

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

There is no way a casual office worker in one of those parks would know what year your rig is.....mine stays 9 years old indefinately.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

I seriously doubt that this is the case of state parks or other public parks. It is sometimes the case in private campgrounds and sometimes the deciding factor is someone there seeing your rig. When I was early in RVing I had a 20yr old TT that looked very good. I called ahead about a private campground in California and they asked if my trailer was older than 10years and was turned down sight unseen. There will be some private parks that will be strict but again a lot may not ask if you are there and they can see the condition of your rig. No guarantees though so if you drive a distance have a back up plan. This is frustrating, but it is the way it is.

That's not true of Oregon state parks - or any other public park. It's 'some' private RV parks that have this rule - a small minority. There are enough choices of RV parks out there that you don't have to stay in one of those.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Anyone heard of this rule?

I think that you have confused a rule that does occur in some commercial destination parks with the state parks. We have been campground volunteers in three different Oregon state parks and no such rule exists, there or in any other state park system. There are commercial parks with such a rule, usually only applied to RVs which stay long term.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Some private parks and resorts have an age rule but I have never heard of any state parks doing this. I am a volunteer in a state park in South Dakota and we never ask what the age is of a vehicle.

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

I've never heard of a state, national or COE park having an age rule.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Archived