Are Escapees Parks Still Using Poison on Weeds?

RoadWorker

So what is the policy? Thanks.

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

After reading the article, my comment is ...the sky is falling, the sky is falling.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Why not just ask the sprayer or the office what they are using if you are concerned? I doubt any of us here would know. Was this at an Escapee or coop campground? Greg

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

After reading the article, my comment is ...the sky is falling, the sky is falling.

Ken

Not to be too flip about it, but if you die of an overdose of Roundup I hear you'll never have weeds on your grave! :D

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

I wonder if the anti GMO crowd would rather have the higher crop yields that greatly help to feed the world with the use of Roundup or lower yields that have toxic weed seed in them such as from the Jimson weed to name one, There was a lot of weed seed that was harvested along with soybeans before the advent of GMO seed and Roundup.

The first sentence in the referenced article really told me the article was only for shock value:

Monsanto invented the herbicide glyphosate and brought it to market under the trade name Roundup in 1974, after DDT was banned.

DDT was for killing bugs, Roundup is killing weeds! Other than shock value what is the point in putting the two together in the same sentence!

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

If you are concerned, PLEASE stop driving immediately..

The chance of death or injury on the roadways is 1000 times larger than the use of Round Up.

I will not debate it here, but will say I have used Round Up commercially for over 30 YEARS without a problem.

Camping Rig:

2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins

2006 Outback 27 RSDS

Two rescue dogs: A Catahoula mix & a Chihuahua mix.

Fulltimer since 2006

I wonder if the anti GMO crowd would rather have the higher crop yields that greatly help to feed the world with the use of Roundup or lower yields that have toxic weed seed in them such as from the Jimson weed to name one, There was a lot of weed seed that was harvested along with soybeans before the advent of GMO seed and Roundup.

Don't confuse the anti GMO crowd with facts. They have chosen their cause. Sarcasm key off.

Camping Rig:

2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins

2006 Outback 27 RSDS

Two rescue dogs: A Catahoula mix & a Chihuahua mix.

Fulltimer since 2006

Today I saw our assistant manager spraying weedkiller all along the front of everyone's lot. Round Up? I hope not.

There are numerous other things that could be in that sprayer and not all of them are chemical. Roundup is a product intended to kill all vegetation and there are also several other products from other companies that do the same thing, as well as many which kill selected plant types such as broad-leaf or grass only. I suggest that the best way to learn the answer to your question might be to ask someone in the park who would know, rather than posting it here for debate.

Is there some reason that you believe the product in use was Roundup? Did you ask the worker or a member of the park staff what was in use?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Today I saw our assistant manager spraying weedkiller all along the front of everyone's lot.

Along what part of the front? Along the curb area? Along the edge of the road?

Roundup is not cheap to be doing a big area of everyone's lot.

How many lots are they in the campground?

Roundup kills everything. Did everything in the area sprayed die?

Weedkiller mostly kills only broadleaf' weeds.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

A lot of folks are concerned about anything Monsanto says, I know I am. They have a lot of projects that concern a lot of folks and some of their associations raise a lot of eyebrows too.

A decent discussion of the cancer topic: http://www.nature.com/news/widely-used-herbicide-linked-to-cancer-1.17181

A Google search on Monsanto turns up a large number of cases where they have contaminated worksites or released GMO crops, used strong arm tactics to destroy opponents as well as concerns for their products. I was looking for an article I read about their own analysis of their past problems and efforts to educate folks about their products but had no luck finding it.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

I use glyphosphate around my five acres a lot. I quit smoking three packs a day five years ago for good. I also quit drinking alcoholic beverages because that was a primary trigger for me to smoke. I can drink in moderation but could not smoke in moderation, it got that bad. I also inhaled asbestos dust in one of our USAF basement fallout shelters. I worked daily and likely inhaled lead molecules along with gunpowder smoke from more than 20 years of daily teaching and then shooting USAF firearms. Some of those years in indoor ranges, where we had to wear air monitors in, once a year for a week on duty, to be sure we weren't getting unacceptable lead levels. We are all gonna die, of that I am sure.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Roundup is not a GMO. I will interfere with the growth of almost all plants. The GMO is the seed used to grow the plants that it we don't want to be killed by the spray. Spraying weeds does not Genetically Modify the weed. Just so everyone is on the same page. Monsanto did develop the seeds resistant to their plant Killer.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Archived