Check out new freightliner

ccparker1

It is nice to see a truck like this come along.

Rick

1998 VOLVO 610 VED-12 @ 425 HP with 13 speed, 22.5" rubber, TC Equipped, single 3.70 drive axle, 193'' WB. REESE, 30K 4 way rocker-hitch, Jordan Ultima 2020. Under-frame mounted Honda 3000 ei, Towing a DRV MobileSuites- 36TK3 with TrailAir Pin Box, a Yamaha Road Star 1700 on deck. http://diesel-gypsy.blogspot.com

From what it appears, that's not far from being a production truck. With the right powertrain I bet you could average in the teens in RV service.

Curt

2001 Freightliner Century, 500hp Series 60, Gen 2 autoshift, 3.42 singled rear locker.

2004 Keystone Sprinter 299RLS (TT)

2 & 4 Wheelers!

2013 Polaris Ranger 800 midsize LE

Our motto "4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul!"

HERE are some pictures of the test truck from MATS.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

I understand achieving 12 mpg with those rearset gears of 2:28 on flats while lightly loaded but how the heck will that thing achieve anywhere near that hauling loads of any kind over any hilly terrain at all?

This truck will not appeal to OTR drivers with that lackluster power to performance ratio.

Were Freightliner building tucks for light duty service profiles like towing recreational trailers that unit would notch quite nicely into that category but I don't see them selling enough of them for commercial useage configured identical to the test mule to make them available "used" any time soon in any numbers at all.

Today is just the tomorrow you worried about yesterday!

Bruce, Sandra & Scampi cat SKP#86370

Typical freightliner ...... ugly

And in my eyes, it's the best looking Freightliner ever, and near the top of ALL trucks. But then, I don't care for long noses or chrome. :P

Isn't it great that we don't all like the same things? If so, we might all be driving "B" model Macks. :o

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Back to the future.......

1935 Diamond T Doodlebug.......

BAPDoodlebug_02_1500.jpg

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Aero-truck-trailers are not so new .........

Is this new 2020 KW?

PRETTY & Cool....

35262d1377560990t-steampunk-vehicles-338

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Is this new 2020 KW?

I seem to recall reading in another article that the tractors for those Labatt's trucks were built by White Truck. That being the case, should they go back into production today, they'd be . . . a Volvo!

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

This is a corporate answer to the futuristic Pete that made a big splash last year. No closer to production either. And I can't wait to hit a deer with it on I-80 in Pennsylvania on my way to cross the GW bridge with all of those kamikazi maniacs.

Jeff Beyer temporarily retired from Trailer Transit
2000 Freightliner Argosy Cabover
2008 Work and Play 34FK
Homebase NW Indiana, no longer full time

I seem to recall reading in another article that the tractors for those Labatt's trucks were built by White Truck. That being the case, should they go back into production today, they'd be . . . a Volvo!

Phil your showing our age, when post history lessons.

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep Gladiator 

1997 Jeep TJ

2009 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

formerly owned 2000 Volvo 770, 600 Cummins ISX,18 speed autoshift, 14 foot "garage"

ET,Jackalopee,MaxBrake,Pressure Pro pro

www.rickandalanasgreatadventures.blogspot.com

Ya gotta admit those folks back in "history" crafted some awesome machines using that other material.........what was it.......oh ya....metal........and what craftsmen they really were!

Those fluid lines and class .......without plastic, fiberglass, advanced electronics or computers.......

Lot to learn from history...

The trouble with craftsmanship in metal is we don't want to pay... :o

Yes, America has become a land of tight-wads. Wal-Mart and Amazon are evidence enough. Cheap and disposable are the new requirements.

I won't do business with either, simply because I want to keep the local folks in business, so that when I have an emergency, or an issue with a product, I have a real face to speak to, rather than a call center which I can barely understand the person on the other end.

But enough of the rant/ hi-jack. Like most proto-types, I would imagine this one has a lot of fiberglass and composites. Far easier to fabricate in a single unit than steel. Besides, I doubt it will ever hitch to a load and travel cross country.

Sure does look cool though.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Archived