Wifi security

Holy cow...woke up this AM to find 122 undeliverable email notices on my in box.....wtf?

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

Wifi security at most parks is a joke. I've been in some for months and never once did they change their access code. Most hotels aren't much better.

Most use either the park's street address number, e.g., 121 for an address of 121 Main Street, or the zip code of the park.

Just be careful what you put out there, information-wise.

Jeff & Laurie

South Texas

Hounds: Auggie (beer drinking English Cocker Spaniel)

Angus (five pounds of bad azz chihuahua)

Homebase: 2015 Heartland 365 Key West -- The "Uno Mas"

The Office: 2016 Crossroads Hill Country 26RB

Actually we are using our own hotspot....and it requires a password....its wierd. And the hotspot is off when we arent using it.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

Getting a pile of undeliverable messages usually indicates a spammer has used your e-mail address as the return address** on a run of spam messages. Nothing you can do to stop that yourself unless you run your own mail server or rent one you control. If you do you can configure SPF and cut way down on the incoming bounce messages.

You can try to convince the spammer not to use your address again, reporting the bounces to spamcop.net (NET, not COM) which is a minor aggravation for the spammer but likely enough that ones doing manual spam run setup will pull you off their list.

Your address usually gets to the spammer by being harvested from an infected Windows computer, the spammer getting a forwarded e-mail with a pile of addresses in it or from a server account that had your e-mail listed on it being compromised. Again not a lot you can do to prevent any of this unless you run your own server, then you can assign everyone a unique address to contact you and change it every time it gets compromised. I for example have mom@, mom-01@, mom-02@... because mom keeps sending my e-mail address on to other family members that seem to always have a computer cootie or two and for the most part are still running XP. Have your mail program auto-file all the old compromised addresses in a folder for reporting to spamcop.net and hope for the best.

--

** Anyone can send an e-mail that claims to be from anyone since the return address is easily forged either manually or by a host of automated tools. Nothing can stop that but SPF helps a bit if you have your own server so it is worth setting up, other tools are also available but a lot more complicated and/or expensive.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

It's possible that the smtp (email) server you connect to is down. If that is the case then your "bounce" messages will say something about trying for 3 or 5 days. Usually the server will come back up. Check the exact working of the bounce messages.

WDR

1993 Foretravel U225 with Pacbrake and 5.9 Cummins with Banks

1999 Jeep Wrangler, 4" lift and 33" tires

Raspberry Pi Coach Computer

Ham Radio

What Stanley is saying seems to make sense. Most of these messages , and by the way there were 300 in my sent box, were job opportunity or job offers sent from people I dont know to other people I dont know. Why or how they are using my email address is beyond me.

If they're in your "Sent" box, your email password was hacked, and they used your email to send 300 messages to people. Often these hacks will use your own address book, so alert any one in there not to open any links sent from you. Change your password.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

I'm with Stan, probably a spoofed header spammer and nothing to do with WIFI. Could have been from your actions (subscribed or unsubscribed from something), or someone that has you as a contact. Several scripts out there that can do it all automatically. Its the reason the email addresses I use for most forums are throw away and usually cycled every 3 months or so (I run those on my own servers).

Berkshire XL 40QL

Camphosting and touring

Archived