Replacing coolant

fairway2002

My Duramax was the same way no Rad cap. Yes just keep filling the reservoir.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

Actually my MH has no rad cap either. There is a coolant tank with a pressure cap on it so that would be the same....fill the tank.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

If yours is made like mine, buy a clear hose and a funnel, and get a ladder to replace the coolant. OH, and someone to hold the funnel steady.

There should be a place to allow air to escape while filling the cooling system, I can't remember where the place is though, but I think it's mentioned in the engine owners manual.

A side note, all the hoses are the same age, exposed to the same elements. If one requires replacement, do so for all of them or you may soon be repeating this.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Archived