Sign in to follow this  
suse1023

Thinking of Downsizing too--looking for 4x4 diesel class c--trade for fiver & truck?

My husband passed away on Thanksgiving, and while we both love(d) our fifth wheel, as a single I think I will be more comfortable in a Class C.

So just for the heck of it I thought I'd post in the exchange section.

My trade is an 02 Carriage Cameo LXI in very good shape. We've added a new powerful ac in the bdrm so the rig has two acs and gets downright artic if desired.

We've updated a few systems and furnishings and it's quite comfortable and spacious with 3 slides and a full kitchen.

This rig was kept garaged for many years and was basically brand new when we bought it in 2013, and it shows.

The truck is an 01 Ford 350 SuperDuty Turbo Diesel 4x4 crew dually with the 7.3 liter engine.

I will hit 70000 original miles this week.

Has typical patina for it's age, as do I.

I'm in San Antonio until April 1 and then headed east. Will be at the Tenessee Rally April24--May3rd.

A diesel Class C 4x4 with slides will be a better fit for me going forward.

I can text pictures if requested and thanks for reading.

I would keep the truck and put a slide in camper on the back. That would give you the 4x4 you want and some of the new slide in campers have slides to increase the living area to make them livable. Good luck, you did not include any photos or prices.

Thank you for your responses.

I know several people with the class c I seek, especially horse owners who pull bumper pull trailers with them and dog show people who have a class c with toy hauler--all 4x4s. I think they call them a super c when outfitted like that.

Maybe they are more common in my area than others, as I've only seen one in Texas this winter.

And I did consider the truck camper, but that design doesn't allow for walk thru from driving area to living area, and that is what I prefer now.