Is membership in the "Dark Side" manadatory when using an HDT?

noteven

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Dark Side never loses, it is always there :ph34r:

There is no up without down, no left without right and no light without dark. B)

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

For all the "newbies" this story goes back almost a decade back during the "formative years" of the HDT Dark Side Empire. It will give you an inkling how it all started and the fact that the individual described in the "story" held and is still holding the rightful place along side of the Emperor, with the new disciples who just emerged..

Darth%252520Maul.jpg

Powerful religions and cults keep the “believers” mesmerized and frequently require personal sacrifice. Examples abound from sending faithful on crusades, to asking them to drink purple juice, to exhorting them to drive an explosive laden pickup with a finger on a trigger. There is probably no more “dangerous” neighborhood for an F-350 owner than HDT Forum. It is full of newly converted who have found a new religion based on “bigger is better”.

I don’t think the high priests of Detroit are yet worried, concerned maybe, but not worried. They can look to an inexhaustible supply of pagans to conquer and convert to their side, eager to hear the sermons from St. Ford, St. Chevy and St. Dodge. The HDT folks represent but a small bastion of knights who have lost their ways and who occupy but one castle.

What might concern them is the repeat of history. Powerful religions remain powerful when their flock is large and generous in its contributions to tithes and offerings. Certainly every time $50,000 is plopped on a plate for an F-350 the “missionary” work gets a significant boost. For a price of F-450 I’m sure you can also obtain indulgences which should shorter your stay in the purgatory by several hundred years and should your “piety” contribute to a price of an F-550 I am sure the Detroit “clergy” would promise you front of the line on the way to meet St. Peter.

But the chinks in the armor are beginning to show as more and more of the faithful are going over to the Dark Side. Here one, here’s another and they seem to be popping all over.

F-350%252520religion%252520sequel%252520

You might be interested why I posted the picture of this individual. He represents the worst nightmare to Detroit, an unrepentant and vocal heretic in the mold of John Calvin or Martin Luther. If Detroit could bring back the Inquisition they would burn him at the stake. In his quest to become RVer, he has not contributed one penny, gelding or shilling to the coffers of Detroit. Oh no, no LDT or even MDT for him, it was a Volvo 770 which he embraced right out of his RV puberty. And in a manner similar to Martin Luther nailing his thesis to the church doors in Wittenburg, this heretic subverts Detroit’s hegemony by publishing documents and formulas trying to prove that LDTs are not up to the task. And the gall he has going onto other forums and LDT forums standing toe to toe with the “faithful” and placing doubts in their minds.

Archived