Medico

Country Coach Magna - No Longer Available

I really thought it was overkill. When the company called to confirm the appt. they said it would take 9 to 10 hours, which absolutely shocked me. The perspective buyer had told me about 6 hours. I'm telling you the front door was opened so often that the inside was full of flying insects. It took several days to get rid of most of them.

According to the Web Site for RV Inspection Connection the premier inspection checks 164 points of inspection.

The repair immediately list includes:

LP Detector was not working. The auto shutoff was fine, just did not detect butane sprayed into it.

CO Detector out of date. Still working. Suggested a portable detector from Home Depot.

Replace seal on Driver steer wheel. Site glass still shows plenty of fluid. Slight leak

Transmission shows low 7 qts (35 qt reservoir) Checked while cold. Experts I consulted said it could expand most of that amount when at oper. temps.

Fuel tank access door lock needs to be replaced (door to access top of fuel tank)

Front center clearance light, new bulb

Slide seal friction strips, glue down (one coming loose)

Some checking on roof lap sealer s.b. replaced

Front door actuator s.b. replaced. Need to use key for front door. Auto actuator from keypad does not lock/unlock front door. Works fine for cabinets

Dock/Flood lights, one of the 2 switches needs replacing. Switch appears shorted so lights on all the time. I pulled fuse for now.

Lubricate large slide out supports. Use non-grease lubricant (It's been about a year since I did this)

There were a few other items that s.b. done over time. Replace slide sweep seals, 4 fogged windows, repaint entry step (we hit it with steps we made at our lot, scrapped paint on step), one small stone star impact on driver side, clean dryer vent and exhaust fans (we do these regularly anyway), Digital TV antenna not working? (we do not use it, we have cable and Dish Network), replace curb side slide toppers (they are fine now but we already replaced driver side slide toppers so he figured they would need it eventually), replace lap sealer on roof with Eternabond tape

That's it folks. In 8 1/2 hours that's what he found.

We will be taking care of some of the do now repairs as we get the time, but we're talking fairly low cost repairs. As I have said right along, this is a quality coach, worth every cent we're asking. I have looked and it appears we are asking the least amount of any 2006 Magna advertised.

You are right, they are definitely nit picky items and this is going to be a great buy for somebody!! I wish you would hurry up and sell it so I wouldn't keep dreaming over the pics!!! Beautiful coach but just out of our budget...maybe I should start playing the lottery!!!

Actually, I quite liked it that I got a great "punch list" of items, several of them nit picky out of the inspection of the last motor home I purchased. I just went to work on them and finished them over time. Some of them even proved not to be at issue after all, but it was a list to get started from.

Good luck on your sale!

Sounds like this inspector was just trying to justify the high price for the inspection. Your unit is not factory new and most of the so called problems are just normal. I hope you sell your unit quickly. Good Luck.

Like I said, for 8 1/2 hours he found very little to write about, and nothing I would consider a major deal breaker. Several of the items are things I do regularly anyway like lubricate the slide mechanism, clean dryer vent, clean vent fans, etc. I was pleased that so little was found, but not pleased that we were subjected to this long inspection then the buyer backed out at the last minute. I was even holding up trading our Jeep on another vehicle for him as he said he wanted the Jeep as well. We finally traded the Jeep as we were about to loose the deal on the new car. The whole thing left a sour taste in my mouth. I could see nixing a deal after spending $1249 on an inspection if something major is found, After all that is why we inspect used vehicles, but this is not the case here.

Sorry, this turned into a rant. I know there is someone out there who would love a high end coach with so few problems. Our new home is started. The underground utilities are in and inspected. The pad is scheduled to be poured on Monday. Hopefully the framing will start shortly after that with about a 3 to 4 month completion time frame. Selling the coach so quickly would have caused some slight problems as we would have had to find a place to live, but financially would be a great thing.

I know its disappointing but remember "in the end one should buy the RV that best suit your needs even if it comes down to a floor plan" is advice given over and over on this forum. Yours has a buyer. They just haven't shown up yet

I'm sure another buyer will be along. Until then we can live in the coach for the 3 or 4 months it takes to complete our home.

We just listed with MotorHomeFinders.com to sell our coach. We are still living in it while our home is built. They started the framing yesterday.

If anyone was considering our coach, but was hesitant buying from a private seller, this might be the incentive you needed.

Coach still available. This might be better anyway because it will be Oct. sometime before our house is completed. I have generally found everything works out when it is needed to work out.

We have decided to reduce the price of our fine coach to $199,999! This is a hell of a buy for someone. We just do not want to keep 2 places once our house is completed sometime in Oct. Message me with any questions.

At this price we are also including the Roadmaster Stowmaster and Brakemaster. The Stowmaster would need a baseplate on your vehicle and a wiring harness. The rest of the system is a included. The Brakemaster would need to be installed on your vehicle. That's several thousand dollars of equipment included with the coach.

We have decide to reduce our coach to $194,999. We will be taking the coach to a consignment lot in Nov. and I suspect they will be asking more at that time. Now is the time to acquire this great coach.

Edited by Medico

Didn't it start at $209,000?

Price reduced 33% for quick sale! Previously shown at $294,999.00 Now - Today Only - $194,999.00!!!!!

It's called marketing. Works for Oriental Rug Perpetual "Going Out Of Business" Dealers - why not for RVs :P

Come on guys, it was a typo. I have corrected the price. It actually started at $215000, but had been reduced to $209900 when I put it here. Has been reduced for the final time to the current price.

Edited by Medico