sink in T2000 KW

chevy3500

If you're keeping all of the factory cabinets, your options are limited. Only the refrigerator cabinet, behind the passenger seat, offers a flat surface large enough in which to install a small sink basin.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

You are pretty limited with the factory cabinets. I removed all the factory cabinets and put in wood cabinets to suit my needs. I did not add a sink because I did not want one, but I could have designed my new cabinets a little differently and made a sink fit.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Part of the motorhome requirements in Wi. main reason I'm asking.

Chad do you have any pics of yor cabinets? I used to build kitchen cabinets in a past life and still have a ful cabinet shop so I could do that, just not sure I would like the looks.

Thanks

"Part of the motorhome requirements in Wi. main reason I'm asking."

Interesting definition in Wisconsin.

(33m) Motor home means a motor vehicle designed to be operated upon a highway for use as a temporary or recreational dwelling and having the same internal characteristics and equip- ment as a mobile home.

Most states only require 4 of the 6 guidelines. 1. Separate heating &AC 2. Separate sleeping area. 3. Running water/sink 4. Cooking facility 5. Bathroom facility. 6. 120 volt power i.e. shore power

Wisconsin requires all six? Bummer

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Can't tell you about your truck. But as your planning keep in mind you can get very creative in order to save room and $$$$

I built mine in a diamond plate slide out shelve. You can use anything for the sink. I used a small plastic tube drilled a hole for the marine drain and used a

Flexible drain hose. A stainless flat bottom dog food bowl would work great and cheap.

For a faucet I used one from west marine it's small needs only one small hole and has a 12 v pump attached to it. I also got a 2 ga water tank from them. Very easy to mount and hide in a cabinet.

I have found marine type stores like west marine are the best places to go.

They have good quality products that are made for small spaces. You can also look up most of the stuff on line.

Chad do you have any pics of yor cabinets? I used to build kitchen cabinets in a past life and still have a ful cabinet shop so I could do that, just not sure I would like the looks.

Thanks

I don't have access to my pictures right now, but I will post them as soon as I can. My cabinets aren't anything fancy, but they work for what I wanted to do.

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

"Part of the motorhome requirements in Wi. main reason I'm asking."

Interesting definition in Wisconsin.

(33m) Motor home means a motor vehicle designed to be operated upon a highway for use as a temporary or recreational dwelling and having the same internal characteristics and equip- ment as a mobile home.

Most states only require 4 of the 6 guidelines. 1. Separate heating &AC 2. Separate sleeping area. 3. Running water/sink 4. Cooking facility 5. Bathroom facility. 6. 120 volt power i.e. shore power

Wisconsin requires all six? Bummer

Not 100% sure they require all six, but the lady I was dealing with seemed to think the sink was necessary, she didn't

really think a microwave would suffice as a "cooking facility either." Thought it should be an oven or range. But I'm

sticking with the microwave.

Wanna' get creative? Make a removable shelf with the sink in it, & mount it over the toilet, drain into toilet. Chances are they are not going to inspect it, just your signature that it complies. Anybody here ever have theirs inspected to comply ? Also note MD adds "refrigerator" making it 7, but only requires 4 of the 7.

2000 Volvo 635 A/S, N-14 Cummins
"The Phoenix"
'03 KA 38KSWB

http://s918.photobucket.com/user/sibernut/library/?sort=6&page=1
Furkids- Sibe's CH. Sedona & Tseika
dolphins.jpg

Almost every state only requires 4 of 7 items (from the federal specifications, I think). I would check your state statutes.

I've not been inspected in TX, but mine have been done in Polk County, where they are used to it.....

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

I had a M-1942 Army canvas field sink but I can't find one today, did find this modern one.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2658129379/sea-to-summit-kitchen-sink-collapsible

Since it say sink on it you might have better luck with it than something re-purposed.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

chevy3500,

If my memory serves me right I believe BillR used a stainless steel bowl with a drain hole in the bottom. I think he put it into one of the drawers. So when he needs to use it he pulls the drawer open. Maybe Bill will see this and make a comment.

Good luck on your project,

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Thanks

I finally got some pictures uploaded for you to look at. They aren't great quality, but should at least give you an idea of what I did.

The first three pictures are what the cabinets originally looked like when I picked the truck up from 2L Custom trucks. The rest of the pictures are what it looks like now.

I ended up splitting the cabinet behind the passenger seat so my DW could lean her seat back. She made it clear to me she did not like the fact she couldn't lean her seat back, so that was a priority :wub: . The open shelf above the microwave is there in case I ever decide to add a satellite receiver to the truck. I moved the inverter control panel to the driver side control center with the other sleeper controls when I reconfigured the cabinets.

I also adjusted the cabinet behind the driver seat. It was originally divided in half with hanger rods in each half. Unfortunately neither half was really long enough to hang anything in, so I made the upper portion larger and removed the hanger rod from the lower portion. The lower shelf is where I store my port-a-potty. I also added a 4" lip to the front of each "shelf" to prevent things from sliding out and a net to the upper cabinet to prevent hanging things from flopping out. The sleeper controls are in the back side of the driver side cabinet. I added a map box to the front inside of that cabinet to make it look symmetrical when I lowered the shelf. I also added a folding step stool mounted to the back side of the cabinet. It is hung there with spring loaded J-hooks and removed when I need to use the step stool to get to the upper bunk. Finally, I built end tables on either side of the couch to finish out the truck.

event.png    

I finally got some pictures uploaded for you to look at. They aren't great quality, but should at least give you an idea of what I did.

The first three pictures are what the cabinets originally looked like when I picked the truck up from 2L Custom trucks. The rest of the pictures are what it looks like now.

I ended up splitting the cabinet behind the passenger seat so my DW could lean her seat back. She made it clear to me she did not like the fact she couldn't lean her seat back, so that was a priority :wub: . The open shelf above the microwave is there in case I ever decide to add a satellite receiver to the truck. I moved the inverter control panel to the driver side control center with the other sleeper controls when I reconfigured the cabinets.

NICE! thanks for the pics!

I also adjusted the cabinet behind the driver seat. It was originally divided in half with hanger rods in each half. Unfortunately neither half was really long enough to hang anything in, so I made the upper portion larger and removed the hanger rod from the lower portion. The lower shelf is where I store my port-a-potty. I also added a 4" lip to the front of each "shelf" to prevent things from sliding out and a net to the upper cabinet to prevent hanging things from flopping out. The sleeper controls are in the back side of the driver side cabinet. I added a map box to the front inside of that cabinet to make it look symmetrical when I lowered the shelf. I also added a folding step stool mounted to the back side of the cabinet. It is hung there with spring loaded J-hooks and removed when I need to use the step stool to get to the upper bunk. Finally, I built end tables on either side of the couch to finish out the truck.

There is no real need to get all fancy either there 3500, for a portapot I simply cut the center out of a 5gal bucket lid and screwed a toilet seat to it. We keep supplies in the bucket under the sleeper but have it if it is needed. Our sink is a portable with it's own water supply we keep on the top shelf of the cabinets. Never needed either as we have a portable house behind the toter. Keep them should we venture off for a couple day trip or things happen we can't think of. I sure like the idea of a sink in a drawer but don't want to give up the space.

DSC00647.JPG

Yamaha V-Star
2007 Kenworth T2000 tandem aircutter
ThermoKing TriPack
2003 Holiday Rambler 36' Presidential
short trips-88 Allegro on Astro

While clever, the above set up wouldn't fly in Ohio. They specifically state "permanent seating and table for dining".

The hoops through which we must jump.......

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Rick: The real trick is to find the definition of the word "permanently installed" A screw, strap or adhesive? :)

My toilet and sink have not moved from where I installed them for 3 years now, but it might be

that the lawmakers were thinking on the geological time scale. If they don't define it then I do.

In Ohio the title process for a Motor Home is that you tell them it it a Motor Home..

btw: notice the new definitions coming into play.

4501.01 [Effective 1/1/2017] Motor vehicles definitions.

(Q) "Recreational vehicle" means a vehicular portable structure that meets all of the following conditions:

(1) It is designed for the sole purpose of recreational travel.

(2) It is not used for the purpose of engaging in business for profit.

(3) It is not used for the purpose of engaging in intrastate commerce.

(4) It is not used for the purpose of commerce as defined in 49 C.F.R. 383.5, as amended.

(5) It is not regulated by the public utilities commission pursuant to Chapter 4905., 4921., or 4923. of the Revised Code.

(6) It is classed as one of the following:

(B) "Motor home" means a self-propelled recreational vehicle that has no fifth wheel and is constructed with permanently installed facilities for cold storage, cooking and consuming of food, and for sleeping.

The only problem I see here is that the very act of being in a vehicle that moves across state lines is an act of interstate commerce.

Almost no one has a legit MH because even if it never moves, if fuel is put in it,even heating type, that is interstate commerce..

That issue is a thread of a different color in which I have and would again be happy to chime. Or we could just go ice fishing. :P

Yamaha V-Star
2007 Kenworth T2000 tandem aircutter
ThermoKing TriPack
2003 Holiday Rambler 36' Presidential
short trips-88 Allegro on Astro

Archived