We Did It

chevy3500

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, my T2000 is back and I was able to find the remaining IP bulbs, but as it turns out, the KW dealer sold them to me in a plastic bag, not in a box. Consequently, there isn't a bulb number to be found anywhere -- not even a Paccar part number. It won't help at the parts store, but if you stop by a Kenworth dealer and ask for "T2000 instrument panel bulbs", they'll have 'em, and as I recall, they were one of the more reasonably priced parts that I bought for it at the dealership. Now, if one of the other "T2 guys" can find a box with a number on it, maybe they can be had from your local parts store.

Sorry that it took so long, and sorrier still that I can do you no good.

Now that "jmdkw" has informed us that the SmartWheel is lit and I've located my "stash", I'll have to take the time to dig into the steering wheel and, if they're the same bulb, put my surplus bulbs to good use by re-lampimg my SmartWheel pads.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

I removed the SmartWheel module from my steering wheel today to check on the possibility that I'd missed changing the light bulbs when I transferred everything over to the new steering wheel back in '08.

I'm certainly not saying that jmdkw is wrong about lighted SmartWheel switches, since it's entirely possible that early models of it may well have been lighted. But on my 2003, there is no provision for lighting.

I don't know what that means to you, Chevy3500. Your 2000 model T2000 may or may not have bulbs in the SmartWheel module. If you want to check, there are eight small (but rather long) Phillips screws (four each on the back of the two touch pads) and two larger Phillips or Pozidrive screws on the back of the city horn button that hold the SmartWheel module on the steering wheel. Provided that none of the screws are seized up, it doesn't take all that long to take it off and turn it over for a peek. If you want to pull the hub cover off of the steering wheel to see what's there (not recommended if your truck has an air bag, which was offered as an option but is extremely rare, so it's highly unlikely that you do), that's held on by a single T30 Torx screw.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

Archived