120v outlets not working

I woke up this morning with no power to all 120v outlets, even the one outside. Everything else is working, including furnace, AC, refer, and microwave. I've flipped all three breakers off and back on and examined the fuses, even switching them around. My surge protector says 122v coming into the trailer. It's a 1998, so everything is bound to break sooner or later. Anything else I should check before calling a repairman? Of course, it's raining..... If I do have to call for repairs, I'm near Cottonwwod/Sedona. Any recommendations for this area?

Have you checked for a tripped GFCI outlet? Common RV practice is to have one GFCI outlet serving a number of other outlets. All the outlets on the left side of our coach and in the front overhead are controlled by the GFCI outlet in the bathroom for instance.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I woke up this morning with no power to all 120v outlets, even the one outside. Everything else is working, including furnace, AC, refer, and microwave. I've flipped all three breakers off and back on and examined the fuses, even switching them around. My surge protector says 122v coming into the trailer. It's a 1998, so everything is bound to break sooner or later. Anything else I should check before calling a repairman? Of course, it's raining..... If I do have to call for repairs, I'm near Cottonwwod/Sedona. Any recommendations for this area?

Glad you found the problem quickly. There were some obvious clues in your initial post. The microwave is plugged into a 120v outlet. If your reefer is running on AC, it's plugged into an outlet. The AC runs on 120v. That would help narrow down the problem.

It might be indicative of a bad gasket on the cover of the outside outlet. That might trip the GFCI. Replacing that cover would be cheap prevention if nothing else seems obvious.

That is exactly what I was about to suggest. I have seen that happen more than once. The outside outlet is one of the reasons for the GFI protection. Since it only takes a tiny amount of leakage current to trip one, I suggest that you take a hard look at the cover you now have. Most RVs come with a plastic outlet cover and they do fail in time. I now replace mine as soon as I buy an RV with one of the metal ones from Lowe's or Home Depot.

2a715ab5-0654-4610-9065-09b42ad3fb8b_400

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Once you have a good outlet cover get some good silicone caulk and put a glob on the back of the gasket so it doesn't fall out and get lost.

The easy way to get a new gasket is to buy another cover... Learned that the hard way.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Archived