RV PARK SOUTH OF LITTLE ROCK, ARKANSAS

Toney

We are leaving 27 Feb. going on a leisure trip to the Escapade (weather permitting). Our first stop will be, after a 5hr drive, to just south of Little Rock, Ark. Our rig is just shy of 39ft with a 4door Jeep Wrangler toad so we would like to find a pull through to fit. I have searched everywhere I can think of and have found only a KOA in Hot Springs. Hot Springs is about 30 miles off our I-30 route. I'm still searching but if anyone has any suggestions I am all ears. We are looking for a level, FHU site and nothing more than that. So a park off I-30 south of Little Rock 20-30 miles would be great. Thanks everyone. Toney&Elwanda, 105242

ToneyMurp
Fishing /Rock Hound 101
'13 HR Ambassador
'14 GP Wrangler toad
'42&'44 vintage

A few years ago we stayed at I-30 Travel Park in Benton, http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/arkansas/benton, and had no trouble driving up to Little Rock. We have also stayed at Downtown Riverside RV Park in North Little Rock, which was much more convenient. We are 40' and both worked.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

If Hot Springs isn't too far from where you want to be. We like Catherine's Landing.

Great place long paved spots.

http://www.rvcoutdoors.com/catherines-landing/

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep Gladiator 

1997 Jeep TJ

2009 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

formerly owned 2000 Volvo 770, 600 Cummins ISX,18 speed autoshift, 14 foot "garage"

ET,Jackalopee,MaxBrake,Pressure Pro pro

www.rickandalanasgreatadventures.blogspot.com

Where are you starting from and what is your expected route if you don't mind sharing? Near Little Rock but just E. is Burns Park. I don't know about pull throughs but perhaps you can get info by googling it. I stayed there a couple of times but used back ins. As Bill stated there are some out near Benton but I have no personal experience. I think one of them is a JellyStone Park. If you have to go farther there is a park just off the interstate at Hope,Arkansas. And not much farther if you have to go that far there is a park a little east of Texarkana and another at stateline blvd. on the Texas side.

A few years ago we stayed at I-30 Travel Park in Benton, http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/arkansas/benton, and had no trouble driving up to Little Rock. We have also stayed at Downtown Riverside RV Park in North Little Rock, which was much more convenient. We are 40' and both worked.

I-30 Travel Park won't win awards for attractiveness (it's mostly gravel) but the pull through sites for travelers are long and easy to get in and out of. The office people are friendly and the highway noise is less than we expected. It was an easy drive into Little Rock to go to the Clinton Library. Coming from the north pay close attention to the directions since the freeway/service road setup there can be a bit confusing. We spent longer there than we had planned while we waited for storms to clear last fall.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Where are you starting from and what is your expected route if you don't mind sharing? Near Little Rock but just E. is Burns Park. I don't know about pull throughs but perhaps you can get info by googling it. I stayed there a couple of times but used back ins. As Bill stated there are some out near Benton but I have no personal experience. I think one of them is a JellyStone Park. If you have to go farther there is a park just off the interstate at Hope,Arkansas. And not much farther if you have to go that far there is a park a little east of Texarkana and another at stateline blvd. on the Texas side.

Thanks for responding. We are starting out from TN going south. With so many responses I feel we will have a good chance for a site around Benton. Toney&Elwanda

ToneyMurp
Fishing /Rock Hound 101
'13 HR Ambassador
'14 GP Wrangler toad
'42&'44 vintage

I don't know if you have been through West Memphis lately there is serious construction on the interstate there with narrow lanes, etc. Last year when I left the Memhis I went south on hwy51 (DannyThomasBlvd) to Crump Blvd turned right which put me across the "old" bridge then I exited to the main street of Wmemphis. A lot of lights but not bad to time especially on Sun. AM. At the far west end of town I turned right just past the college to get back to I40. I don't know if this is how you planned but thought it might be good to throw out the information in case it would be helpful.

What docj said about the service roads out around Benton is correct but do able. Also I believe the advice about the one at Arkadelphia is also correct.

If you go as far as Texarkana the first park is Sunrise RV park and it would be easy in and out and it is near a FlyingJ truckstop if that is useful,

I don't know if you have been through West Memphis lately there is serious construction on the interstate there with narrow lanes, etc. Last year when I left the Memhis I went south on hwy51 (DannyThomasBlvd) to Crump Blvd turned right which put me across the "old" bridge then I exited to the main street of Wmemphis. A lot of lights but not bad to time especially on Sun. AM. At the far west end of town I turned right just past the college to get back to I40. I don't know if this is how you planned but thought it might be good to throw out the information in case it would be helpful.

What docj said about the service roads out around Benton is correct but do able. Also I believe the advice about the one at Arkadelphia is also correct.

If you go as far as Texarkana the first park is Sunrise RV park and it would be easy in and out and it is near a FlyingJ truckstop if that is useful,

It's very useful as we are leaving home early and could make it that far. Thanks for the comment. Toney&Elwanda 105242

ToneyMurp
Fishing /Rock Hound 101
'13 HR Ambassador
'14 GP Wrangler toad
'42&'44 vintage

Archived