West Coast Rally in Sparks NV

MrSeas

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://bobfeistinvitational.com/

This event is a big deal in the world of team roping ALL of the top ropers in the country will be there. Each ropers entry fee is in the $2500 range.

One bit of warning about Reno Weather. I was at this event in the early 2000's and we unexpectedly got 6" of snow in the 3rd weekend in June so make sure you pack at least some warm clothes for this trip. I'm sure the weather will be perfect but do not get surprised while unprepared like I did!

My friend says 1/2 of the entries show up for training but the flight times are kind of spotty because of the ground school but he says it's a great time to watch.

Yep. its a blast out there. been there many times.

Fulltimer Class of 2007

1998 Volvo VNL64T610 Detroit Series 60 12.7 470HP/1650TQ Eaton 18spd 228"WB Tandem
2006 40' ToyHauler 3 slides and a 14' Toybox

Kids are this countries future And you should bring them. There is a lot going on I'm sure. I just wrote about the things that I know are taking place and I'm sure there is much more going on in Reno that I don't know about for the kids to enjoy.

There is a water park really close by. We would bring our kids, plenty to do

1993 Freightliner 3406C Cat, 400 HP, 9 speed, singled long, 3.91 ratio, 264" wheel base, 12' flat deck with dove tail

1997 F350 dually, 4wd conversion, intercooler, 3 inch intakes, WW2 compressor wheel, bellowed up-pipes,

2007 Ragen Toyhauler

4a8a58ec-58d7-48af-b0d7-9dd42cf5b43a_zps

Yes of course children are welcome! As already mentioned there are lots of things to do in the Reno area during June and all are "kid" friendly! I'm pretty sure you can walk to the nearby water park area from the RV park. The RV park also has a pool and hot tub. I'm bringing my boys ages 13 & 17. Looking forward to meeting you and your family.
Scott

We are seriously considering coming. With that said I have 3 little girls and do not want to impose. Are kids an issue?

All are welcome. There is no problem with bringing the kids along. I hope you can make it.

We just booked our site from June 18 to June 22. She took a deposit but didn't confirm the price so didn't know if we were getting group discount.....doesn't really mater happy to be coming. :)

Rick, I'm glad you are confirmed. I'm looking forward to meeting you and seeing your rig in person. Is the hauler bed done yet?

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Scott and Chad:

I want to thank you both for all of your efforts and, I know that you have put a lot of time and effort into getting this organized. You guys have started something good. I look forward to the HDT "dark side" camaraderie. I look forward to lots of "show and tell." This HDT stuff is still overwhelming new to me.

The bad news is that you guys are so screwed because we will all be looking for next year to be better than this year :rolleyes:

Jim

All are welcome. There is no problem with bringing the kids along. I hope you can make it.

Rick, I'm glad you are confirmed. I'm looking forward to meeting you and seeing your rig in person. Is the hauler bed done yet?

The deck is going for paint this week and it will be complete for this season's travel's. My DW will fly into Reno June 18 and I will have to pick her up at the airport. We are still working and she couldn't get any more time off for the road trip.

So, glad that you and Scott have been so kind to arrange the WCR. It is a lot of work arranging things like this. If, we can help out with anything please let us know.

The WCR was something I had been contemplating for a while. For those of us on or near the west coast that still work, it is difficult to make it to the ECR or the national rally. I don't know that it would have gotten off the ground this year if Scott had not gone to the national rally last year and gotten the bug to get one going a little closer to home. We had some back and forth conversations and compromised on a location (that so far seems to be a popular choice) and got the idea out there. It is you guys that are making it a reality by actually deciding to join us. It will be fairly informal to start, but I hope we can keep it going and grow it into an event that attracts more of us out west (and maybe even some from the east).

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Scott and Chad,

Thanks for all the work put into making this happen.

OT:

to those of who would like me to plug up my computer to your truck so we can take a look around

or change settings.

who all has a freedomline transmission?

its the ONLY software that still requires XP and Wont run on Windows 7.

i dont mind bringing my old ancient laptop with that software loaded but just

nice to know whether on not to dig it out and bring it.

software wont even run with compatibility mode turned in on 7. already tried all the tricks.

Fulltimer Class of 2007

1998 Volvo VNL64T610 Detroit Series 60 12.7 470HP/1650TQ Eaton 18spd 228"WB Tandem
2006 40' ToyHauler 3 slides and a 14' Toybox

Archived