West Coast Rally in Sparks NV

MrSeas

A special THANKS to Scott and Chad for your time and efforts to plan the first HDT-WC Rally. YA DUN GOOD GUYS! And, thank you Mr. Cob for taking on the role of "historian" for the Rally. Sometimes, I suffer from "oldfartitis" and I forget things. The photos will help me remember names, faces and rigs.

Being a Gear Head, with no hope for a cure, I was delighted to watch Rick demonstrated his smart car loader. Truly an awesome experience. I got a headache trying to figure out how everything worked! The bed is an engineering marvel.

I thoroughly enjoyed meeting and talking with everyone. As I recall we had folks come from as far away as Alaska and Canada.

I look forward to the next HDT-WC Rally.

Jim

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great job all! Wish we could have been there!

Hope we can keep the West coast rallies going!

Sooner or later we "will" make one!

Cheers

Curt

2001 Freightliner Century, 500hp Series 60, Gen 2 autoshift, 3.42 singled rear locker.

2004 Keystone Sprinter 299RLS (TT)

2 & 4 Wheelers!

2013 Polaris Ranger 800 midsize LE

Our motto "4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul!"

Well, back at work this morning in Edmonton.

Thanks to Scott and Chad for hosting a great event! What a great group of people we met and made new friends that I'm sure we will be visiting sometime down the road. We're looking forward to the second annual WCR. :)

Well, back at work this morning in Edmonton.

Thanks to Scott and Chad for hosting a great event! What a great group of people we met and made new friends that I'm sure we will be visiting sometime down the road. We're looking forward to the second annual WCR. :)

Rick:

Since you liked biscuits and gravy. I'll be sure that we make some "alligator eggs" for the breakfast brunch. As I recall, we got the recipe from a "cajon," at a gold prospecting outing.

Jim,

I'll try anything once! Thanks for that great batch of chili.....it was delicious. :) YUP! first time that I have had biscuits and gravy and corn bread......sure was good!!

Huh? Biscuits and cornbread, together? Or gravy over the cornbread? I do like B/G, and would be more than willing to try good sausage gravy over cornbread. Maybe I'll be retired by the next West Coast event.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Rick, the B/G were for breakfast and had the cornbread at dinner with butter or with the chili. :)

You're making me hungry. I love cornbread with chili, especially if said cornbread is made in a cast iron skillet with just a little bacon grease.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Howdy All,

I just got home late last night, stopped off while going through Oregon to have some warranty work done on the toy hauler, I had a great time at the rally meeting again folks from last National Rally and meeting new people who I hope I'll meet again as time goes on.

I took a different way home, climbing the grade on 139 north out of Susanville CA, was fun as was the rest of the trip until I got back on the slab around Eugene OR. Oh before I forget, thanks Jim for the chili and the computer stand. Now I have to entertain myself until my next trip.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Howdy All,

I took a different way home, climbing the grade on 139 north out of Susanville CA. I learned how to metal engrave at the college in Susanville. The RV back then was a 1970 Chevy C10, pulling an Apache pop up trailer, with hard sides and no other amenities.

Oh before I forget, thanks Jim for the chili and the computer stand. Your welcome. Having a large screen (like a laptop) to read the map is easier on older eyes . . . not that you are old :rolleyes:

Dave

So, Scott and Chad, any plans for the Second WC-HDT Rally? You started a good thing here!

Yes we fully expect to have another rally next year. The first one went so well, we can't stop there. :D

You missed the meeting.... You were selected as next years host! Good luck!

You never know what you are going to get volunteered for when you miss the meeting. :o

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

A big thank you to everyone at the West Coast Rally. Thank you for taking the time to teach and explain the trucks to an HDT rookie. A special thanks to Chad & Walker for taking Cheryl and I on an HDT ride. We saw so many trucks and everyone was eager and excited to show us their rigs. You are all very fortunate to have them. Thanks to Scott & Chad for organizing and running the event.

We have a lot of studying and planning before we commit and the California rules are making things more difficult for me. Singled long, mid or short? To carry a Smart or not. How long is too long and do I want the hassle of too long? How to register the truck? I will be getting my Non Commercial Class A license this summer so at least that part will be done. We will definately be at the next event, HDT or not.

If you come back to the Reno area next year check out the Gold Ranch RV Park right at the border. Very long spaces and very new and modern facilities with decent rates. Not any nicer than the Marina but much longer pull throughs.

Once again Thanks

Tim & Cheryl
2015 Mobile Suites 39 TKSB3
2009 Volvo 670 D13 I-Shift  “Walter”

Happily Living Somewhere In Nevada

649EF470-4F2A-4D47-8AB9-AFD3462E24F4.jpeg

Well we finally decided to come home. Our trip to the rally took us south to Nevada and then back home to Washington via Idaho and Montana. We drove 2400 miles for the trip total and loved having the HDT every mile of the way. Yesterday we covered more than 700 miles. I would never have done that in my dually unless I had no other choice. Thanks again to everybody. This was a great event.

• 3 weeks later...

Lou, are you still in the area and did you get the computer issues resolved?

I'm hoping to leave next Wednesday or Sunday when Ferry rates are about half.

First stop Eugene then your way if your available, if not over to Salt Lake City to RF Mogul.

Thanks

Roger

Roger,

let me make some calls on monday and ill get back to you. things have been crazy for me since the rally and havent had time to touch

my diagnostic computer.

Fulltimer Class of 2007

1998 Volvo VNL64T610 Detroit Series 60 12.7 470HP/1650TQ Eaton 18spd 228"WB Tandem
2006 40' ToyHauler 3 slides and a 14' Toybox

Archived