Moving Perscription refrills for controlled drugs beween states

hankfolk

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:22 AM

HamRad, on 05 Feb 2015 - 4:19 PM, said:snapback.png

Fortunately I have someone at home who will go to doctor's office and sign and get prescription and then take it to CVS or Walgreen's and then mail it to me when filled. Obviously this is only going to work for as long as I have someone I can count on! It is now much harder for us to travel and not worry about getting our meds. But it still beats sitting home! :) Dennis

HamRad, on 05 Feb 2015 - 4:22 PM, said:snapback.png

Yikes! After reading this I'm going to have some problems. Will try working with doctor and pharmacy to figure out what will work. Don't want to be breaking the law. Dennis

You needn't worry - You are not breaking the law - the person who mails it to you is! :rolleyes:

That's why you should check with Escapees office - As a re mailer they must have run into this question before and gotten an official response on it. They may be able to suggest a practical solution.

About your above statement:

"You needn't worry - You are not breaking the law - the person who mails it to you is!"

Are you saying it is illegal for someone to pick up the Rx for someone else (which I do all the time for my wife) or is it illegal to mail a sealed legal Rx?

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

CONTROLLED SUNSTANCE...You got to read the first post before you answer a question that was not asked. There are problems with CONTROLED SUBSTANCES being refilled.

In our case our Primary care physician will write a script for a CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE and call it into a Pharmacy. We use wall mart.

You will just have to talk to your Primary care physician.

This is just one of the problems we have in travelling around the country and what might work for one person may not work for you. We have NO problems with NON CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES using wall marts across the country. We have been told by our Doctor that they can only write a 90 day script for ANY script.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Go to a doc in the box to get a prescrip.

What is a "doc in the box"?

Trailer: Montana 5th wheel, model 3582Rl, model year 2012

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

We have been told by our Doctor that they can only write a 90 day script for ANY script.

Not true. I routinely have year prescriptions for blood pressure and other routine drugs from my Dr. It just depends on YOUR doctor. For controlled substances you generally cannot get more than 6 months of refills. And even that is "iffy", depending on the Dr. LINK to regulations.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Repeat prescriptions

Repeat prescriptions allow the same prescription to be dispensed more than once. A repeat prescription must be dispensed for the first time within six months of the date on the prescription.

After this, the repeat prescription can continue to be valid beyond six months according to the directions on the prescription.

Looking at my Prescription label they are all for 90 days with 2 refills. They are all NON controlled medications. Since we are only gone from our Domicile address for 6 consecutive months at a time that works for us. A message via 'My Chart" to our primary care physician can get a script filled any time if needed.

There are 5 levels of CONTROLED SUBSTANCES so some may be difficult to get ,Right now we have one controlled drug for Wife after her surgery and it is for 30 days no refills.

Everyone's circumstances can be different.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Archived