Best RV Sewer Hose Kit?

MikeMikeMike

Hopefully I fixed the viewing issue. Sorry.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/sewer-solution/16617

Been using Sewer Solutions for the past ten years!....After trying all the others!

Sewer Solution is only an option if you have access to a good supply of fresh water through a pressurized hose. In other words, it works if you are already hooked up to a sewer dump as you would be in an RV park, but it won't work at most dump stations since they frequently don't have hoses with connections on them. It's also of no use if you are boondocking. Only a macerator works in that situation.

2000 Volvo 770, 500HP/1650FP Cummins N14 and 10 Speed Autoshift 3.58 Rear 202" WB, 2002 Teton Aspen Royal 43 Foot, Burgman 650 Scooter

Nothing beats the "stinky Slinky" for simplicity. The Rhino is the best of the hoses you can get.

As for Sanicon, Macerator and Sewer Solution, they are fine as an alternate when you are a diaastance from the dump spot since than can lift a few feet and pump some distance. Otherwise why complicate a simple process.

The problem with the "pumping/grinding" systems is they do not allow you to dump at a fast enough rate to really pull the sediment off the bottom of the tanks.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Otherwise why complicate a simple process.

The problem with the "pumping/grinding" systems is they do not allow you to dump at a fast enough rate to really pull the sediment off the bottom of the tanks.

Ken

Very true. I find it much easier with the sewer solutions to not have to worry about low spots, the hoses are much more durable, and overall the whole process is much "cleaner", but they DO take about 4 times longer to dump. With that flow rate a black flush is pretty much a necessity, but I still prefer it to my rhino when I can get away with it.

I really hate having to set up the accordion ramp and dealing with the "clingons" when rinsing the hose out.

Very true. I find it much easier with the sewer solutions to not have to worry about low spots, the hoses are much more durable, and overall the whole process is much "cleaner", but they DO take about 4 times longer to dump. With that flow rate a black flush is pretty much a necessity, but I still prefer it to my rhino when I can get away with it.

I really hate having to set up the accordion ramp and dealing with the "clingons" when rinsing the hose out.

I'll X2 that! :D

2000 Holiday Rambler Imperial 40' DP

2015 DRV 38RSSA 5th wheel

2004 M2 106 MDT

It's What You Learn, After You Know It All!... That Counts!!

Rod, how did you attach the PVC to the trailer connections?

Look for a Rigid Pipe adapter. I have a Valterra threaded adapter. Then just find the right screw on connector/adapter for your 3 inch pvc. I put a single screw in each connection to hold together, no glue. It will seep a bit for the first few drains but then stop. Run the kitchen grey first , then the black followed by shower gray. May try to put a flush adaptor in the pipe to be able to just flush the pipe before disassembling when I get ready to leave.

Rod .

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

• 3 months later...

Has anyone found a way to connect the Lippert Waste Master hose to the RV without making it permanent?

~ Helping to Make Your RV Life Flow Smoothly ~

MovingOnWithMargo.com discussing all things RV plus life's challenges and rewards.

RVLifestyleExperts.com - A unique website with hundreds of articles that answer questions about the RV lifestyle.

Archived