Hewhoknowslittle's VNL610 bed build

Hewhoknowslittle

Roger, I got a PM from the ET, apparently it was used as a tool caddy, chunks of steel were dragged across it, it had to dodge welding sparks, grinding sparks, it currently sports a heavy coat of dust, it just felt generally used and abused.

I had to used my considerable persuasive skills to "calm it down". I told it that once the painted and finished bed is installed and you two start working together to "pull something" you will become fast friend with respect for each other.

Nice job

Did mine contact you yet? It has been stuck in a snowbank, covered in a tarp, but I think more snow blew in around the tarp then over it.

2006 Volvo 670 singled long

2011 Heartland Sundance 3300CK

2006 Smart passion

2001 F350 DRW CREWCAB

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did mine contact you yet? It has been stuck in a snowbank, covered in a tarp, but I think more snow blew in around the tarp then over it.

Yea, it did call me, wants to come back to Florida. It apparently watches the Weather Channel and spotted the fact that we are again solidly "stuck" in the 80's.

Incidentally, (a lesson in geography) not all of Florida was created equal. The climate I have been bragging about is primarily in southern Florida. Tallahassee and Jacksonville do get "visits" from snow and frost.

We built a inner frame so the doors would close on them, just used some Dseal, like this one http://www.awdirect.com/rubber-gasket-d-shaped-gasket-thg4/truck-hardware-and-equipment/

We inset the inner frame 3/16 so the seal would fit and the doors would be flush.

After going to the BlueBeacon yesterday only one compartment had water in it, watched the guy spray around the door frame for a long time, didn't say anything to him as I wanted to see if the door would leak. Next time I'll tell them to spray easy around the door seals.

Roger

Thanks for the information. It will be very useful.

2007 Volvo VNL 670, Cummins ISX 450. Auto, APU. "PoTater"

2013 Landmark San Antonio, 41'

idahopotater@gmail.com

Yea, it did call me, wants to come back to Florida. It apparently watches the Weather Channel and spotted the fact that we are again solidly "stuck" in the 80's.

Incidentally, (a lesson in geography) not all of Florida was created equal. The climate I have been bragging about is primarily in southern Florida. Tallahassee and Jacksonville do get "visits" from snow and frost.

I feel sorry for you.. Pretty rough life having to sweat during the winter.. ;) I just got back in from cleaning the driveway again.. Shovelled out the rear of the truck a few days ago so it can be the first to start melting once we get warmer days and its back doubled today with another drift.

2006 Volvo 670 singled long

2011 Heartland Sundance 3300CK

2006 Smart passion

2001 F350 DRW CREWCAB

My kids are all (still) in New Hampshire, in the same belt as Boston and Massachusetts, so they are suffering from the "same records". The oldest son with his granddaughter just went back after week in here and the other two granddaughters are coming here (again, there were here at Disney mid January) in three weeks. The youngest son and his fiance were here at Christmas. I guess we are "establishing" Florida Central for the family. We went back for Christmas a year ago. First order of business, shovel out the rental day after arrival. Kids got the message that from now on we are setting up the Christmas trees for them IN FLORIDA!!!

The property we have in New Hampshire IS PLOWED AND RENTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PEIFamily, If I could bottle some of today's weather I would send it to you. We were just shy of a record high today. It was 81 here today. Tomorrow our high is supposed to be 40, if we are lucky. That is why my weather sucks. This weather just begs you to stay sick. Hot today, damn near freezing tomorrow.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Wife and her sister did face-time today got a tour from her sister (in New Hampshire), her house (across the road from our place up there) surrounded by six feet of snow, all structures buried up to the windows. She expect 9 degrees tonight.

I had to reciprocate, pool solar panels at work

DSC_0089.JPG

producing 84 degree water, today.

DSC_0088.JPG

Archived