East Coast Rally Update (January)

SuiteSuccess

I have added a current list of attendees at the bottom of the document for those interested and will update periodically. Kim (owner and manager of Deer Run) is now back from her trip and is in the process of trying to return phone calls for those that wish to confirm. If you have not heard from her just give her another call and she will set you up. As previously stated we have found it necessary to charge a rally fee of $25.00 per rig payable on arrival to cover incidentals associated with the rally. Please come by site 336 or contact me to pay the fee, receive a name badge and lanyard, but mainly to let us know you arrived safely. Like last year Donna has made a 2014 ECR book that you can view at your leisure. She did this through Shutterfly and we tried to set up an account where others could purchase the book, however, they wanted to have a credit card on file so we declined. She did, however, purchase a disc of the pictures contained in the book and she will be making a limited amount of copies for those that want one or wish to copy. The disc can be uploaded to Shutterfly if you have an account and wish to make your own book. I will note that although all the sites are good, if you have a favorite you might want to call and put a hold on it now since we are starting to fill. Don't worry though, there is plenty of room.

There is a small lake at the campground and fishing is allowed as are canoes, kayaks, or small boats with trolling motors (no gasoline engines). So bring your equipment if desired.

Below is the link to the updated document:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OO8Qw7fyx5pECuNVyp0BKb4_cNa_A5RnkiBm6KXUoKA/edit?pli=1

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Hey Suite;

Might be helpful if you added the attendee's "Handles" to the names - isn't necessarily obvious who these folks are.

Just a thought

Paul & Paula

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

Hey Suite;

Might be helpful if you added the attendee's "Handles" to the names - isn't necessarily obvious who these folks are.

Just a thought

Paul & Paula

Paul,

Had meant to do that. My apologies. Some I won't know (or remember. Brain is not so nimble) so if you see your name on the list without a handle post here and I will add.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

You can add us to your list, our reservations are booked.

Dave and Debbie

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

I saw our name on the list so I went ahead and made the reservations today! :D Got a back in site, so ya'll get your chairs and scoreboards ready!

Hey you'll do fine backing. Besides that truck has been here before, it knows what to do. :)

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

On the list: Gene Shannahan is Skydriver.

Gene you'll have to forgive my old man's faulty memory. DW immediately said Gene and Jane but for the life of me could not remember your handle. Will correct on the list and please accept my apologies.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

I saw our name on the list so I went ahead and made the reservations today! :D Got a back in site, so ya'll get your chairs and scoreboards ready!

Parking IS a spectator sport! :lol:

Steve & Gail

2000 Volvo VNL660 Autoshift Detroit 60 12.7 "Semi Crazy"

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

2018 Space Craft 48' TT "The Nut House"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

Volvo w SpaceCraft 1024.jpg

Hi Carl,

Thanks for updating the list with my info. I have seen the updated list. I have some more work to do on the truck. I need to come up with a punch list to get things done. I have never pulled my trailer yet. I am more than a little nervous about pulling the trailer down the road. I will have a few campfire stories for the rally. I need some warm weather. lol.

Hope to see everyone in April,

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Al,

My first pull with the HDT was to my first ECR in Myrtle Beach. This was on I40 through Asheville over mountains etc. Coming down there were truck run-off lanes with sand filled barrels in case of brake failure. Talk about white knuckle but got there fine. Coming back ran into a gully washer thunderstorm and was pulling at 40 mph on I40 through the mountains which is very winding. I'm sure the 5 miles of OTR truckers behind me were saying how sweet a guy I was but I did pull off as soon as I could. BTW my "car" GPS led me under a railroad bridge that was 13'6" on a two lane with a fire truck roaring up behind me. True story, my wife saw it and said "floor it Myrtle" which I did and luckily I'm only 13'3". So Al have a good truck GPS or Rand McNally and you will do fine. Amazing how the white knuckles become big grins.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Carl, please add Charlie and Sandra Lord sclord2002 to the attendee list. We made reservations before we left last year and confirmed this week . Looking forward to the rally and seeing everyone. Thank you for all you do to make the rally possible. Charlie

Don't ever tell a soldier that he doesn't understand the cost of war.

Thanks Charlie. Glad to see you on the list. Also noticed Lights (Dan & Darlene) have signed up. If we can get BillB to come we will have the core of the inaugural ECR. 19 confirmed so far and it's only mid January. Now Charlie you've got to work on Randy. Won't be the same without the Professor :). Also nice to see all the newcomers. Infusion of fresh faces and fresh ideas is always a positive. On edit, any chance of the pulled pork again Charlie? Best I've ever had,

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

David,

Several of us are going early so come on over and enjoy the party. We'll have a pre-rally rally like the national. We will be there the 5th and think Steve Dixon and G8trRay will be there before then.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Carl, if you want pulled pork,I'll bring the ole smoker and do a Boston Butt like last year. Glad you enjoyed it. I'll talk to Randy about coming...it won't be quite the same without him, Nancy and Oscar. We are really looking forward to it. BTW, we are in Melbourne, FL till the first of March.....where are you ?

Don't ever tell a soldier that he doesn't understand the cost of war.

Carl, if you want pulled pork,I'll bring the ole smoker and do a Boston Butt like last year. Glad you enjoyed it. I'll talk to Randy about coming...it won't be quite the same without him, Nancy and Oscar. We are really looking forward to it. BTW, we are in Melbourne, FL till the first of March.....where are you ?

Enjoyed it? Are you kidding, I would finance your restaurant :). We are still in Knoxville and I'm still working. Had plans to retire last April which stretched to December which if all goes well, will be finalized end of March. Fun starts then.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

• 2 months later...

Archived