Camping in an Escapees Park with a SUV?

Vladimir

We are flying to Florida soon. We will be renting a SUV and camping along the way and sleeping in the back of the SUV.

Would a Escapees Park take us with that set-up?? Are we going to have a problem with commercial RV parks?? I assume we are fine in state and federal campgrounds.

Vladimir

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com

Some of the parks state you have to be 'self-contained'. You might want to call a couple parks on your route to ask them directly.

That's true with some of the SKP parks, too. Best to call ahead and find out before showing up.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

If the park allows tent camping you will be OK. If not then they probably won't want you to sleep in the SUV and live outside, making coffee, etc. If you don't intend to set up any cooking/living stuff on the picnic table, you could probably get by with telling them you are in a class B RV.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

We are flying to Florida soon. We will be renting a SUV and camping along the way and sleeping in the back of the SUV.

Would a Escapees Park take us with that set-up?? Are we going to have a problem with commercial RV parks?? I assume we are fine in state and federal campgrounds.

Vladimir

Escapees Rainbow parks do not allow sleeping in vehicles. We require a self contained RV or trailer. Tent camping is allowed for 7 days for members, one day for non-members.

Escapees Rainbow parks do not allow sleeping in vehicles. We require a self contained RV or trailer. Tent camping is allowed for 7 days for members, one day for non-members.

Just to clarify, the tent camping is for members of the specific park??

Thanks for the heads up on State Parks....I had never seen a state park where they required you to be self-contained.

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com

Just to clarify, the tent camping is for members of the specific park??

Thanks for the heads up on State Parks....I had never seen a state park where they required you to be self-contained.

Non-members can "tent" camp for one night, members can "tent" camp for 7. This is in reference to the 8 Escapees owned and operated parks.

Archived