Ok Guys, need advice on buying stocks!

coachmac9

This site does a pretty good job at reviewing and comparing brokerage firms.

http://www.stockbrokers.com/compare

When choosing a firm. . . think long term. If you are new to stock investing you may think that all you will do is occasional buying and selling of stock. But if you have a real interest in it you may find yourself using options or other instruments in the future. So pick a broker that you can stay with for the long haul. I've changed brokers several times over the years and it can be annoying.

I use OptionsXpress which is owned by Charles Schwab and I'm very happy with them.

Jim

Jim
SKP: 99693
If you think you can, or you think you can't. . . you are probably right (Henry Ford)
2014 Dodge 4WD Dually
1998 Carriage LS-341

We have been with Wells-Fargo Advisers for years and are very happy with them, but I only monitor ours as I have too many fun things to do with my time and don't want to be involved in the market nearly enough to manage the account completely.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I have accounts at Vanguard, Fidelity, and Schwab. Best customer service, by far, is Fidelity. They also have the best interface (subjective) and most current platform. You can't go wrong with any of the three I've listed, but if I had to choose just one it would be Fidelity without question.

If we had followed the advice of our Wells Fargo adviser I wouldn't be sitting here drinking a fresh cup of Kona, I'd be at Wal-Mart saying hi and putting stickers on folk's returned items.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

If we had followed the advice of our Wells Fargo adviser I wouldn't be sitting here drinking a fresh cup of Kona, I'd be at Wal-Mart saying hi and putting stickers on folk's returned items.

Stanley

I had to google "Kona" I'd never heard of it and I love good coffee. I see many different brands of it on Amazon. Which do you recommend?

Jim

Jim
SKP: 99693
If you think you can, or you think you can't. . . you are probably right (Henry Ford)
2014 Dodge 4WD Dually
1998 Carriage LS-341

This one, we only drink a couple cups a week since it is expensive but it sure is good stuff. We have tried the quad pack and find the tri pack is better for us, if you really like just one type then you can order singles. They offer free shipping for Christmas so we took advantage of that for this batch.

http://www.koacoffee.com/kona-coffee-store/kona-coffee-samplers/

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

If you have any military qualifications with a parent or grandparent having served, or yourself of course, USAA has a great financial investment division with some great advice. It costs 8 bucks per transaction and the advisors all are non commissioned so will advise as well as any without having to sell something.

Having said that, I'm with Stan on the fact that big financial institutional advisors will always go with the herd. Everyone can't win. So despite my only suggesting two stocks in the last ten years, Apple in 2005 and Tesla on IPO, at the time advisors were actually opposed saying Apple had peaked and Tesla would never get past the roadster as a fad. So much for conventional wisdom. It's conventional!

I'm military retired and my little petty cash account turned into some real money in a few years. I expect much more in five years, with milestone caused increases along the way every six months or so.

But as a recent convert myself, my advisors tell me they wish they'd listened to me. I passed along my information along the way to 5000% profits, now down to only 3500% with the recent lull. It dropped more last year when I bought another block. May yet again. This year is the new home, which will be done by summer. We are waiting for the rainy season to ease up to build the dirt pad and pour the concrete. We'll be staying in our yet to be purchased fiver or TT. We have the diesel truck.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

• 3 weeks later...

Hahahah do they still pay someone at Walmart to do this? Only go to a Walmart grocerty store.

James

2024 GMC 3500HD DRW Denali Diesel

2019 Keystone Avalanche 396BH

USN Retired

Archived