Just a check in

ruthanns1

Hey everyone, I'm just checking in to let you all know we are still here. We have not posted anything in awhile, we are still 16 months till we go ft and the weather here in Colorado is a little cold to do much on the truck. But this summer I plan on being very busy getting it all set up. We have been lurking here almost everyday, and getting alot of great info.

We plan on extending the bed about 3ft and moving the hitch out to get more room for the smart. I will be on here even more once I start the bed project. This forum and you guys are the best, and I thank all of you in advance.

Chip

Chip and Ruth

2000 Kenworth T2000 'Titus'

2006 Keystone Raptor 'Cletus'

2010 Smart 'Alyck'

Yeah Henry, we don't get snow like that here. We'er down in the foothills get a little snow but also the cold temps. But come spring I will be getting things in line. Oh nice to see you Henry.

Chip

Chip and Ruth

2000 Kenworth T2000 'Titus'

2006 Keystone Raptor 'Cletus'

2010 Smart 'Alyck'

Chip, I solved the problem permanently by moving to Paradise.

DSC_0157.JPG

South%2520Bend%2520area002.png

This was last year, we are actually warmer this year.

The only thing I battle these days in winters are those pesky ETs that need to be put together.

DSC_0086.JPG

Hey Henry,

You just made my day. LOL

Thank you, Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Henry, one of these days, I'm hoping to afford one of your hitches. They are the bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chip

X2, hope maybe this is the year the East Coast rally looks good to me!!!!

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

I will agree with his statement, I will add its damn well worth the price!!'!!

2009 Volvo 780. D-16 500hp 1850 torque with a Herrin hauler bed.

2015 Continental Coach

2008 650cc Suzuki Bergman

2013 Mustang GT 500 convertible

2014 Smartcar convertible

WWW.Hollyfab.com. (Metal Fabrication Company)

Jamesc@hollyfab.com (preferred contact method)

Rally deliveries are "free", field installations are not,

DSC_0108.JPG

but I can guarantee that they will done "skillfully".

I have no doubt of the level of the workmanship and install, in fact that is he NUMBER ONE reason I am trying to make the rally plus learn as much more that I can from the experts!!!!! If I come it will be without the wife as school is in session, but the good news is she keeps telling me to go, just like when I kept talking about buying a HDT she finally said just go buy it already will you!!!!!!!

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

I have no doubt of the level of the workmanship and install, in fact that is he NUMBER ONE reason I am trying to make the rally plus learn as much more that I can from the experts!!!!! If I come it will be without the wife as school is in session, but the good news is she keeps telling me to go, just like when I kept talking about buying a HDT she finally said just go buy it already will you!!!!!!!

Hello dblr,

You will enjoy the rally. You need to come. You will not be the only one man crew at the rally. Carl has some nice seminars lined up this year. It is a good learning experience. The camp grounds has some small cabins if you do not want to get your camper out.

Hope to see you at the rally,

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Oh boy...me thinks I should introduce my wife to your wives.

spindrift, meet my other half. Not only she can pose in front of the rig,

034b.jpg

she can drive and pull with it, while multitasking (incidentally I'm the one who prepared and served her lunch).

2131168290096176628mDMuGz_fs.jpg

And teaches other ladies how to drive "those things".

2444627130096176628iAuJkn_fs.jpg

Found some more pictures in the "archives". I went to a local truck dealer (by myself) to make sure they had a Volvo 610 (a smaller model under consideration) and a 770 (the largest sleeper Volvo makes). Few days later I took DW to the same dealer so she could "examine" what I found. First a 610, "what you think", "it's OK, it would do", she said. "You want to look at another model they have here", I said. This was the picture I took from the upper bunk as she was 'examining' the 770.

Volvo.JPG

Can you see certain "determination", this was the moment when the 610 went by the wayside. A month later she drove a 770 most of the 3,500 miles from a dealer in Salt Lake City.

Volvo%2520and%2520Davena.JPG

It's good to be married to a woman who doesn't give you some crap about, "but I would be ashamed with the neighbors about parking something this big in our driveway".

Archived