New "Kid" on the Solar Block

Zulu

I just discovered MidNite Solar's 30A The Kid Solar Charge Controller (list $399, street $285) which has been out for about a year and is marketed to RVers.

The Kid can be paired with another Kid to create a 60A controller. The Kid allows load dumping, can be setup up with an AGS, and has several mounts.

Besides that, MidNite's docs have greatly improved. My Classic 150's manual, which I bought a couple years ago, was probably written by an engineer -- it sucked. That was then.

The Kid's Manual not only explains controller operation, but provides great tips and a set of detailed wiring diagrams. There are also setup videos and a web-based sizing tool.

BTW, I don't work for MidNite. I just love their stuff.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

And, note that you can add a WizBang Jr battery monitor to this for under $100. That would take the place of a Trimetric, or BMK. A real bargain, and a nice product.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Archived