How to know Verizon data usage

oldfox

This is a problem ONLY for people who were forced to transfer their data service from Millenicom to Verizon, and who took the discounted $100 per month for 20 gigs of data. We got separate accounts from our other Verizon products. It might be hard for others to believe, but our jetpacks and the MyVerizon site show zero usage ALL OF THE TIME. Further, at least some of us are getting data alerts telling us that we are way over our 20 gig data allowance, when we are not even close to having used it.

I was getting my data by calling #DATA and switching to this second account in the menus. But, the last time I checked that, it would no longer give me the opportunity to change accounts. So now it seems the only way to get your total data is to call customer service and ask.

Just calling tech support and having them fix it did not work. The first two tech support people I got through to abandoned me, as in telling me they would call back when they got more information and then not calling back. The third one was nice enough to stay with it and keep me up to date. He even gave me an email address to contact him with. The other day, after about 6 weeks of trying, he called and apologized and told me he gave up. Apparently, the engineers are refusing to fix it, and he can't get supervisors or anyone to get them to move. It has something to do with setting up the accounts as business accounts, but only giving us personal account access.

It is kind of fishy, but my only option is to get the regular account at a much higher cost. Or I can buy new equipment and change to ATT.

I will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER commit to a contract with Verizon. I will leave them in a heartbeat.

I want to tank the person who recommended Networx. I will give it a try.

John & Connie Parker
2001 Ford Bounder 33' Motorhome
2016 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 towed
Lifetime Members SKP #96350

John - thank you for keeping after this for so long. I suggested Networx but have to pass the 'thanks' along to Bill Joyce (I think) who mentioned it long ago. I'm just coasting along with our Verizon pita problem and will change to something else when the right deal comes along. Thank goodness we don't have a contract!

• 2 weeks later...

If you are using Win 8.1 you can click on the internet icon on the bottom right of the desktop screen, then click on your connection and see estimated data used. It can be reset each month.

This works, but only if that PC is the only device you use on your jetpack. If you use other devices, you have to add all their usage together. Is the same true of Networx?

I, too, have this problem after switching from Millenicom to Verizon. The Jetpack data usage started showing 0GB all the time, MyVerizon shows 0GB all the time. The only way to get my usage is to import all the daily stats into a spreadsheet and total it, or call Verizon at (800) 922-0204 and ask for it. Even they have to drill down and some reps can't find it, so I had them put a note in my file telling them where it's located. Seeing it in your bill after the fact isn't terribly helpful if you're trying to avoid going over 20GB.

I understand in the "old" days Millenicom was the same - you had to call in to find out your usage. Probably why they didn't charge extra if you went over 20GB (as long as you didn't abuse it).

Someone said the 0GB issue was a glitch that Verizon was trying to fix. Since that hasn't happened, I was about to ask for a new SIM card to see if that would fix the problem. Sounds like it won't, if John Parker is correct. I'm guessing all the Millenicom customers are still part of one business account, and Verizon probably can't give us access to view our own data without displaying everyone else's too. Millenicom eventually figured out how to send individual data usage info to our Jetpacks. I'm sure Verizon could if they wanted to, but I guess there aren't enough of us to make it worth their while. Especially if they can just charge more if you inadvertently go over your limit.

There's more to see than can ever be seen

More to do than can ever be done

I switched from millenicom to Verizon and have the same issue too with "my verizon". I have spoken w/ reps and and they have sent me to techs and still nothing. I don't have a jet pack but a data card, 4G LTE USB 551L that I plug into my router. If I plug it directly into my computer, then I see up to date usage. It is a pain, but at least I can see my usage. Because of this clitch, I do not receive any data alerts even though I have set it up in "my verizon". As I said, it is a pain with no fix in sight.

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com

This is not intended as a sales pitch, but the new WiFiRanger firmware update which ought to be released by next week contains extensive data tracking capabilities which will permit you to analyze your usage down to the individual device level. You can even set it up so that it knows when your cellular billing cycle begins and ends so the data you are seeing will reflect usage during the current month. It won't mean that your records will agree with your carrier's 100% but at least you'll have a day by day, hour by hour record that you can compare with your carrier's.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Our Verizon 5510 prepaid jetpack has "data" as a menu item and displays how much has been used since the recharge. With this the case it would seem that data could be incorporated into the subscription model. Odd. Wonder why?

Later,

J

2012 Landmark, San Antonio

2013 Silverado CC, 3500HD, Duramax, DRW, 4x4

Backup, side and hitch cameras, Tireminder TPMS

I use this web site, it seems up to date.

<a href=''https://quickaccess.verizonwireless.com/bbportal/brow/acctmgmt.do?action=login''></a>Verizon Mobile Broadband Useage

Paul...

tried it by using both my data card phone number and login name and didn't recognize me. we come from millencom, and we are only recognized at bill time.

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com

tried it by using both my data card phone number and login name and didn't recognize me. we come from millencom, and we are only recognized at bill time.

x2 - glad you posted that, I was going to try again figuring I put something in wrong....3 times - now I won't bother.

• 4 weeks later...

Update on usage reporting. I've not even looked at the Verizon website this month until today, and guess what...

my data usage is finally showing! Both used and what's left in the bar graph. I'd given up hope for us x-Millenicom customers. Hope this is true for everyone else.

Yep, I noticed the same thing a week or so ago. Now if they'd fix the problem with the usage not showing up on our Jetpack, I'd be a happy camper! :D

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

• 1 month later...

Since Verizon took over Millenicom, I have been unable to get a total amount of G used for each billing period. This morning, I decided to try to find out if they've fixed that problem. Imagine my surprise when I see they're showing 19.2 Gb used since 4/3. No way. I may have used that much since Verizon but not that much data in 10 days. I don't download movies or any large files. I'll go to Google Maps and plan a trip; check my e-mail, read the news...but nothing that should use this much data in this little bit of time. I tried calling Customer Service at

800-922-0204 and couldn't get thru to a live person. It was press this, press that...but no Customer Service Rep. I also went to MyVerison and tried to Chat. That was a lost cause.

Can anyone please tell me how to get in touch with a real live person that could help me handle this? I'd really appreciate it.

Cat Lady

Archived