The "Day's End" updated listing for 1/1/15 just released

Al F

Guy Gipson, editor of the "daysenddirectory.com/" just released the latest updated listing, ready for downloading for those subscribing.

To subscribe you need to be or have been an Escapees member and for the nominal sum of $10 a year you can download the list. IMHO this is a real bargain.

If you supply a few updates to the listing each year you get an addition years subscription for free.

I didn't realize just how active I have been in supplying updates. In the this years renewal notice I found out I had 413 points and that my subscription has been extended to the year 2032.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

If you have not used or seen what Day's End listing has to offer, here is a sample of a place we spent several nice quiet days on the shoreline of the Rogue River in southern Oregon.

Notice the very specific driving instructions. I "x'ed" out some of the exact driving mileage & GPS to avoid giving away what is available with the subscription.

OR, GOLD BEACH: Rock/gravel pkg area along Rogue Riv (state trust land). No facilities. Free. No signs. From US-101 MM 328 (S side of Rogue Riv bridge), set trip meter to 0, go x.x mi E on Jerry’s Flat Rd (signed Agness 35 mi) to where rd comes out of a curve into a straight stretch. Continue to x.x mi, counting 6 electric poles on the L (just before rd again curves to R), TL (N) immed at 6th pole & bear immed R on gravel rd (42.xxxxx -124.xxxxx), stay straight (no turns) on best gravel rd (a few potholes), 0.1 mi to riv. 42.xxxxx -124.xxxxxx. Room for all size rigs w/ riv access, ahead & 0.3 mi to R (E). Or continue E another 0.2 mi straight down a rd to end, & loop back to L along riv - OK for lg rig, but watch for sandy areas esp near the riv. Drive slow on rocky areas. Quiet at nite, hydrojet tour boats by day. Sheriff patrols. Other rds toward riv off Jerry's Flat Rd (before the 6th electric pole) are not for lg rigs. PHOTO. David & Jill Czaplicki #58885 Jul 11. Last updated by Donna Dinges #48927 Sep 13. Last reval by Clyde W Sisler #109961 Aug 14.

Here are two photos from our stay:

IMG_0176CampEMedium_zps479befec.jpg

IMG_0172CampEMedium_zps24bf48ba.jpg

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

Archived