No snow shovel

Wrknrvr

Some people say to go to Arizona for the winter where it is warm and sunny. We are 90 miles north of Phoenix Az and the sunshine is 3" deep right now. What that is snow not sunshine. No rubber boots or any way to move the snow.

Just going to celebrate new years eve and stay put.

Happy new years to all, Vern

Snow flying in Laughlin, Nv. this AM. Temp is at 35 but forecast is for it to get to 66 by Monday. This weather is only short term. We're from the Midwest and a short blast of this is still better than months of this & colder. (we enjoy warm & sunny over cold & snowy) Dave.

2006 Coachmen Aurora 36ft. Class A motor home. 2009 Honda CRV toad. "Snowbirds" apprx. 6 mos. each year. Travelling to the SW each winter than returning to Wi. each summer. Retired and enjoying our travels along with Buddy the cat.

I do carry a collapsible snow shovel and have used it a couple of times in Denver in the spring or fall, but never in Tucson! Come on down, a bit cool here for the next few days, but it was 70 yesterday.

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

Any idea on the easiest way Linda ?

If the snow is dry the easiest way is just pull the slides in. Watch while you are doing it though because the snow can pack and jam the slide. When we do it one watches and one keeps a finger on the button. Last fall in Denver the snow fell right off the topper on the north side, on the south side in the sun I had to brush it off as it had started melting even though it was 10 degrees.

Otherwise a long handled broom is the best way. If it is sunny and below freezing it is best to get the snow off right away as the topers can sag and freeze to the top of the slide. Been there, done that - a real PIA. The time that happened I used the hose and a ladder to melt the ice before I could pull in the slides.

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

3" in Yarnell How much snow can accumulate on our roofs and slide toppers before its time to do something ?

Sun will be out this afternoon. Low overall humidity, it will sublimate (go directly to vapor) pretty quickly. Just let it be.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

I did a beautiful job of cleaning pine needles off as I was leaving CA sure didnt want to be transporting them out of state ! The broom idea didnt bother me, The hose idea sounded good cept it was buried under snow ! Pulling slides in DW said was grounds for the big D and digging ladder out to use broom was to cold ! So according to weather Lady it is supposed to warm up enough Friday to give it a meltdown or at least warm enough to dig a warmer hose out of the basement. I sure hope my sewer hose didnt freeze and break because if it did DW is going to have a new job :)

Jim Spence

2000 Dodge 3500 1 ton QC 4x4 dually 5.9 diesel LB

BD exhaust brake, 6 spd manual trans

34CKTS Cedar Creek 5er, Trail-Air hitch

That can happen in AZ from time to time. Mostly not, but it can. That is why I prefer

southern Florida, Palm Beach and below. Over time that is the best weather in the country

during winter. It does cost more then south Texas or AZ but you will be sure of good weather.

Last week here in Laughlin it was snowing, this week in the low 70's. It may snow here on a rare occassion but doesn't last very long. - That I can handle! Dave.

2006 Coachmen Aurora 36ft. Class A motor home. 2009 Honda CRV toad. "Snowbirds" apprx. 6 mos. each year. Travelling to the SW each winter than returning to Wi. each summer. Retired and enjoying our travels along with Buddy the cat.

That can happen in AZ from time to time. Mostly not, but it can. That is why I prefer

southern Florida, Palm Beach and below. Over time that is the best weather in the country

during winter. It does cost more then south Texas or AZ but you will be sure of good weather.

Trouble is you have to deal with biting insects and rude locals in addition to higher prices.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Archived