Staying Fit On The Road

Staying fit physically is always a concern and I am wondering how y'all do it. I realize that if you are staionary in a well equiped RV Park they have gyms but how about when you are travelling?

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

That has really never been a major issue for us. We tend to walk a great deal when on the road as it is our favorite way to see things and you get into places that most visitors never go in that way. We generally get much more exorcize when on the road than we do in our more fixed lifestyle.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I realize walking is one of the best exercises for staying active and we do a lot of it ourselves. However I want to go beyond that and do muscle strengthening and core strengthening and wondered if anyone has found a way to do it on the road. Seems like you almost need a gym for that.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

Actually I might have just found a good answer. Tai chi has many benefits and is not hard to do. They have discovered that 2 hrs a week improves muscle strength, balance , bone density, heart strengthening and lowers blood pressure among other things. Might be something to look into as it requires no equipment.

We enjoy walking and biking. We try to do one or the other three to four tomes each week. We are also yoga enthusiasts and attend classes when ever possible. We have favorite instructors in our usual destinations, but when on the road and in new places we us an app called Pocket Yoga. It is very versatile and you have many options to customize your practice. You can use it on your smart phone, tablet or computer.

2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 27FB
2011 Ford F350 CC SRW

"Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for."       Will Rogers        

Anytime gym and can take showers as well. There all over the country, open 24 hours, $35 a month.

Still seeing Places we have never seen before and others that we thought we would never see again!

homelesshartshorns | Trying to spend the last Dollar on the Last Day! (wordpress.com)

George Hartshorn | Facebook

• 5 weeks later...

This has been my concern too. Right now, at home, I have a treadmill, elliptical, ankle weights and resistance bands. I figure we'll be doing a lot of hiking. I'll still use my resistance bands and I may join an online exercise class. I'm also looking into a portable elliptical. I'm not the gym membership type. I prefer to sweat in private.

It's all fine and dandy until someone's marshmallow catches fire!

2015 Ford F-250 6.2L (She ain't diesel but she hauls ass!)

2012 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS

Http://www.5thwheelgypsy.blogspot.com

+1 on learning some yoga. Great for core strengthening and overall flexibility (very important when you live in a small space and/or drive a lot). A big advantage is you don't need any gym equipment or gadgets. It can be done anywhere. (Shameless plug: My wife is a certified yoga teacher and plans to begin offering classes specific to RVers soon.)

Lodestar Knife & Tool

Dozens of vintage and custom knives for sale!

2008 Ford Ranger 4x4, 2014 Scamp 13

Archived